Senior Project Manager
||£44,723 - £51,846
||Salary dependent on experience
The Project Manager is responsible for establishing and leading organisation-wide, cross-functional, sometimes complex projects, demonstrating a combination of technical, leadership and business intelligence expertise, that contributes to the bottom line and longer-term strategic objectives.
The role holder will lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products, services and contracts, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
As a senior member of the PMO, this position will also play a key role in:
• Supporting the delivery of the business plan
• Working closely with business leaders and senior managers to achieve shared organisational objectives
• Lending expertise to internal teams and working groups, helping to formulate a realistic approach to initiating, planning and guiding of projects and programmes, using a variety of project management processes and approaches.
• Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external components and matrix partners.
• Ensures end results are of the highest calibre with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
• Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
• Responsible for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables
• Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix partners to oversee all phases of a project
• Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost and quality parameters
• Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditure
• Develops communication plans and channels to deliver the plan
Project Assurance and Governance
• Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
• Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
• Chairs weekly core team and monthly steering group meetings to review progress with key members
• Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
• Develops the project mandate, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan and related project management products.
• Publishes periodic project status reports
• Proposes recommendations and adjustments
Coaching & Personal Development
• Is an active partner in the training process and uses skills to build project management capability in others
• Identify and support experiential learning opportunities for colleagues to practice newly acquired skills and techniques;
• To keep up to date with methodologies, standards and tools required to contribute to own managerial, technical and profess
Education and experience:
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies
• Involvement in and experience of managing business and strategic initiatives
• Able to integrate into a project the stages involved in the lifecycle of an information systems/digital development project
• Able to apply processes, tools and techniques to manage the people side of change to achieve the required business outcome
• Managing stakeholders
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• PRINCE2 accredited, or equivalent
• Working within a PMO
• Excellent IT/PC skills
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilise and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute where ambiguity and limited information is available
• Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organisation effectively
• Solid influencing skills
• Sound business and technical acumen
• Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
• Ability to evaluate and nurture project management talent in others
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button.