Senior Project Manager
||£44723 - £51846
||Salary dependent on experience
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Senior Project Manager you have experience in hands-on leadership and management of complex business change programmes from start to finish. This is a role where you will work alongside the senior leadership team to make a real difference in the growth and success of the business.
You will have a solid background in delivering quality work and building close relationships with stakeholders across a range of key projects and programmes. You will know how to adapt your approach to delivery that is tailored to each project’s needs and the environment in which it operates. You have proven ability in influencing, leading and motivating teams to work together. You are able to bridge the gap between IT and business operations when systems and process re-engineering is a factor within the project.
Your experience has been gained within a range of sectors that align to the target markets in which our business operates, such as employment, health, education, skills, assessments and rehabilitation.
1. Project Management
- Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external components and partners.
- Ensures end results are of the highest calibre with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
- Responsible for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix partners to oversee all phases of a project
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost and quality parameters
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditure
- Develops communication plans and channels to deliver the plan
2. Project Assurance and Governance
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Chairs weekly core team and monthly steering group meetings to review progress with key members
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Develops the project mandate, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan and related project management products.
- Publishes periodic project status reports
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments
3. Coaching & Personal Development
- Is an active partner in the training process and uses skills to build project management capability in others
- Identify and support experiential learning opportunities for colleagues to practice newly acquired skills and techniques;
- To keep up to date with methodologies, standards and tools required to contribute to own managerial, technical and professional growth.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS AND/OR BUDGET/REVENUE/COST RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan and manage medium-to-large sized projects of moderate-to high complexity, and to ensure project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed scope, cost, schedule, quality and human objectives
- Management of risk, issues and removal of barriers to enable teams to complete their objectives
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies to design, lead and manage complex projects
- Exceptional organisational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, to all stakeholders
- Experience in managing both staff and processes, deadline-oriented work, budgets and revenue and profitability
- Experience working as a team member and independently
- PRINCE2 accredited, or equivalent
- Working within a PMO
- Excellent IT/PC skills
- Able to apply processes, tools and techniques to manage the people side of change to achieve the required business outcome
- Understands technology sufficiently to integrate into a project the stages involved in the lifecycle of an information systems/digital development project
- Ability to nurture project management talent in others
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button.