Data Governance Business Partner
||Stratford upon Avon
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable so we are successful now, and in the future.
It’s an exciting time for Data here at NFU Mutual, we recognise that it’s one of our core strategic assets and key to our future success. With the creation of our Group Data Office we are now embedding the necessary data governance and quality management across our business to ensure this key asset is protected, fit for purpose and its value maximised. We are looking for a Data Governance Business Partner to join us on our data journey and help drive our strategic aims forward.
As a Data Governance Business Partner you will play a critical role in:
- Acting as the main point of contact and Data Governance consultant for the group
- Chairing Data Steering Groups and oversee data management improvement activities
- Developing and applying the DG framework, policies and processes
- Developing and delivering recommendations which contribute to the achievement of NFUM’s strategic objectives, that are compatible with business architecture and the IT strategic roadmap plans
- Managing activities that ensure data governance is applied consistently across NFUM Group
- Maintaining the Data Governance policy, Data Governance framework artefacts and target operating model through regular briefing, management and review with business teams and strategic programmes
- Training and developing Business Data Managers and Business Data Stewards in their roles
- Leading Business Data Managers and Business Data Stewards in establishing and monitoring the performance of data maintenance processes and data governance
Our ideal candidate will be of graduate calibre (or equivalent) and will also have experience in two or more of the following:
- Data quality management and data governance
- Practised DAMA and DMBOK or other industry methodologies and frameworks.
- Managing change in a complex business and technical environment
- Have previously held the role of Data Steward, Data Management Consultant, Data Architect or similar roles
- Senior technical and business stakeholder management
- Technical solution analysis and business benefit quantification and realisation
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, so along with a supportive culture and ongoing development opportunities, you can also look forward to some very attractive benefits. You’ll be rewarded with competitive salary, bonus scheme of up to 17.5% and a variety of other benefits including a £20 gym subsidy, staff discounts and our health and wellbeing plan. Based at our Head Office in Stratford-upon-Avon, you will enjoy an excellent work life balance with access to a variety of onsite facilities, with good commuting links to Birmingham and surrounding areas.
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.