|Listed on:||3rd July|
Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges. It consists of four capability teams: Business Consulting and Design, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Group Change Practice COE. Business Design is a new function whose aim is to and this role is being established to both deliver for strategic business programmes and to define and mature the Schroders business design service & capability
Overview of role
The Managing Consultant in the Business Design practice will act as a Consulting Business Architect. They will lead or support design work that sets the firm up to deliver its strategic outcomes. Typical deliverables include target operating models and enterprise capability models, value stream maps and visualisations. High level process design, gap analysis to current state and transformation roadmaps also form part of the role.
This individual is responsible for facilitating the construction of business operating models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on business strategy and targeted business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions.
This role will work closely with the Business Consulting team and the rest of group change, along with the data and solution architects. This role will be both acting as a Business Architect and also providing support, governance and oversight to architects embedded in specific change programmes.
• Engage key business stakeholders to facilitate both strategy and innovation planning.
• Advisory to the Steering Committee and Design Authority for projects/programmes
• Work with data and technology architects and key organizational stakeholders to define a strategic plan for leveraging integrated business architecture as part of the enterprise architecture.
• Define a clear plan and governance for ensuring the business architecture work is in lock step with the other EA viewpoints.
• Provide strategic consultation to define or design business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures
• Facilitate design and support the development of enterprise solutions
• Develop, motivate and direct staff to create a team environment
• Apply Schroders SAFe Agile methodology, standards and behaviour to all work
• Work with Product Owners to identify Epics and break them down into Features
Responsibilities of the role
The role will involve:
• Leading the delivery of business design assignments and also assisting in the delivery of large, complex assignments
• Engaging and building positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
• Influencing the approach, agenda, prioritisation and pipe line of the Group Change Business Design team through best practice input, subject-matter expertise, experience and the injection of innovative ideas and ways of thinking
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Operating as a positive role model for the rest of the team through their attitude, contribution and use of the Schroders SAFe Agile method
• As required, working seamlessly with colleagues, external consultants and vendors involved in their in-scope programmes of work
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
Overview of the skills and experience required
• Understanding of business design skills and best practice, gained through experience of working in enterprise design or consultancy teams
• Be comfortable using business architecture tools and techniques, including strategy on a page, strategic planning, business model canvas, operating model design disruptions and trends, balance scorecard, economical modelling, risks and interdependencies, process models, business capability modelling, ecosystems modelling, customer and user profiling, journey maps, and human-centric design
• Knowledge and experience of delivering integrated business and technology change using iterative Agile methodologies, preferably SAFe Agile
• An understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools
• Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
• Builds trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adapting communication style to suit audience
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Educated to a minimum of first degree level
Overview of the Domain Knowledge required
• Broad Investment management experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
o Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation: Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
• Investment Management Certificate (IMC), CFA, CIMA or other professional qualification
Overview of the Relationship Management experience required
• Able to build a positive profile across the organisation
• Able to build strong relationships across the organisation from a position of trust
• Proven ability to create a working relationship within business domains and establishing a role as a trusted advisor
style="margin-bottom:0px;background:#FFFFFF;margin-top:0px;">Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.