UKRI Funding Service Programme Manager
||UK Research and Innovation
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
The Government has put research and innovation at the heart of its modern Industrial Strategy, committed additional funding of £7 billion by 2021/22 and set out an ambition to increase total R&D expenditure to 2.4% of GDP by 2027.
Over the coming months, we will be conducting research and consultation to develop the approach of UK Research and Innovation to answer a series of big questions. These include how to grow the economy across different regions of the UK, whilst continuing to expand our existing world-leading excellence; how to reduce the gap in productivity that separates the most from the least productive businesses; and the best approaches to developing talent across the diverse population of the UK and providing the skills needs of the future.
About the roles
As part of the formation of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), a new ‘UKRI Funding Service’ is required to design and implement a simplified and harmonised approach to managing our funding portfolio across all nine Councils. Allowing UKRI to maintain its world leading position in research and innovation.
The UKRI Funding Service capability is required to generate a simple and unified service that flexibly supports UKRI ambitions, builds upon current good practice and partnerships, widens evidence-based decision making, frees up more time for value added activities and helps achieve world class outcomes for the UK. The new service will be responsible for delivering to our partners and stakeholders in the research and innovation communities over £6billion in combined budget via ~4000 research and business grants per annum.
A highly experienced, articulate and driven, programme manager with proven expertise of delivering large-scale digital systems implementations, process re-engineering and organisation change is being sought to drive the design and delivery of the new UKRI funding service. The successful candidate will take responsibility for all aspects of this multi-million pound delivery.
Reporting to the UKRI Operations Director, you will:
• design, implement and manage a programme to design and deliver the new UKRI funding service
• own and develop relationships with UKRI key business owners, Government and research and innovation communities to ensure all necessary business requirements are captured and considered
• ensure emerging and evolving UKRI organisational structures, policies and working practices can be accommodated by the UKRI funding service
• evaluate and incorporate, where appropriate, existing capabilities, data and systems that need to form part of the final UKRI funding service solutions
• ensure interoperability with other new or existing internal and external systems (including new UKRI finance/HR systems)
• be accountable for the UKRI funding service roadmaps, plans, business cases, approvals, governance, stakeholders, risks and issues and ensure they are clearly communicated to all appropriate stakeholders
• identify and deliver all necessary management information from the UKRI funding service to enable UKRI to demonstrate the positive impact on its research and innovation communities
• lead, inspire and support and be responsible for the delivery of the UKRI funding service solution
• facilitate the agile delivery of software releases across service environments, multiple projects and BAU
• line manage key project team members.
What we offer
We recognise and value employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
How to Apply
You are required to submit a CV detailing your educational and professional background and a covering letter outlining how your experience meets the criteria within this advertisement, coupled with your reasons for applying.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 18th July 2018.