Digital Product Manager
2nd July 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
First Utility Group is a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, the company launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years it has also helped customers waste less energy through the use of innovative technology that gives insight into individual usage and greater control.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Product Owner to join our Digital Platform Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for creating, owning and managing products which solve customer problems and achieves the right outcomes for the business. They act as managers of the products, providing leadership across different functional teams to conceptualise, build and deliver the brilliant digital customer experiences.
Based in Coventry, this is a key role within our digital growth team helping build mobile first responsive applications covering a wide range of areas, including customer sign-up, retention, website personalisation and launching of new offers/customer propositions.
You’ll be working in a fast paced environment that encourages lean thinking, experimentation and continuous delivery principles. We currently use Lean but this should not limit candidates who have experience of other Agile frameworks. Above all, we are looking for people who love shipping code frequently into production and can collaborate effectively within a cross-functional team of product owners, back-end API developers, test engineers, UX specialists, visual designers and wider product stakeholders.
The role day to day
- Setting the overall targets for the product in terms of business outcome
- Setting and agreeing goals for the product with stakeholders across the business
- Building and managing the product roadmap
- Leading a collaborative team of designers, engineers and testers to hit the agreed goals
- Setting the quality standards for the customer experience of the product and ensuring that these are delivered
- Constantly optimising and refining the product to better deliver the outcomes agreed
- Making sure all decisions are data driven; building the framework for experimentation, AB testing and consistent analysis of metrics vs goals; communicating the results of this analysis to the business and making clear recommendations for action
- Acting as evangelist for the product across the business
What you’ll need to help you make the best of the role
- Proven experience and passion for building great customer facing digital products
- Demonstrable consumer internet product management experience
- Solid UX aptitude; conversational in both visual and interaction design; experience of mobile first design
- Outcome oriented - ability to articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to achieve it
- Strong analytical skills; ability to define the right metrics, perform detailed analysis of data and communicate the insight and resulting recommendations
- Excellent understanding of experimentation and A/B testing
- Track record of leading collaborative team of designers and engineers on a breadth of projects
- Strong communication skills used to build consensus, alignment, and relationships with diplomacy across other functional teams
- Experience in working in Lean Agile environment and comfortable moving quickly and pivoting when required
What you’ll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mindset is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
We recently launched First Forward, our online guide to development opportunities with information on available apprenticeships, career pathways and our mentoring scheme; helping our colleagues reach their full potential.
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday.