||£27000 - £35000
||Guernsey Financial Services Commission
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Commission relies on IT based information systems in order to function. The Commission has developed a number of bespoke systems in order for us to exercise good and effective regulation across the Bailiwick of Guernsey’s Financial Services industry. The maintenance and improvements needed for these systems, together with new development work, is prioritised at our internal Development Prioritisation Committee. In recent years the Commission has focused our investments and staff time on the highest priorities, this has inevitably led to a backlog of IT fixes, development work and additional (desired) work which has been identified for some time.
The GFSC is looking for a Quality Assurer to join the Commission on a 2-3 year fixed term contract to assist with the above development work. The successful candidate will report into the Head of IT / Online Services.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
-Liaising with divisional representatives with respect to projects, as required.
-Assisting with the development of guidance materials, liaising with divisional representatives as appropriate.
-Assisting with the maintenance, development and delivery of a training programme for projects, as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Working to ensure the Commission delivers high quality prudential, financial crime and conduct
regulation within the Bailiwick of Guernsey including facilitating innovation and discouraging poor
2. Assisting to protect and enhance the Bailiwick’s international reputation and competitive position*
within the financial services sector in order to promote a regulatory environment in which good firms
do good business.*
3. Co-ordinating and undertaking user acceptance testing for Online Services as required, i.e.
a. identifying test cases
b. developing test plans
c. performing tests
d. recording test outcomes
e. escalating remedial work
Communication and Written Skills
4. Liaising with divisional representatives with respect to projects, as required.
5. Participating in working group meetings to refine the requirements for projects, as required.
6. Assisting with the development of guidance materials, liaising with divisional representatives as
7. Assisting with the maintenance, development and delivery of a training programme for projects, as
8. Producing written work which is accurate, clear and concise, that can be relied upon as a Commission
9. Chairing/contributing to meetings in a clear and professional manner.
Professional Excellence and Cooperation
10. Collaborating with others across the team and the Commission; understanding all aspects of the role
and how it contributes to the success of the Commission.
11. Assisting with the training of new staff joining the organisation, recognising the different styles and
abilities of the team.
12. Sharing relevant information across the team where appropriate and communicating constructive
feedback in a timely manner.
13. Demonstrating an awareness of both Commission and Industry pressures, developing a ‘can do’
attitude whilst taking personal responsibility for own workload, prioritising tasks and rescheduling as
required, ensuring plans are put in place to meet the Commission’s business objectives and are
14. Representing the Commission and developing career by attending appropriate training courses,
conferences, workshops and seminars.
15. Taking responsibility for updating professional and technical knowledge, developing an understanding
of regulatory laws, rules, codes and guidance. Working towards accreditation required in the role,
including professional qualifications where appropriate.
16. Completing all work promptly to a high standard, in line with team requirements and ensures a high
quality of work is consistently produced by the team displaying a high level of attention to detail.
17. Making constructive recommendations for change and improvement and assists in the implementation
of all change.
Any other duties or responsibilities as may be required from time to time in context with the job and in
relation to the services provided by the Commission.