Legal Software Trainer / Support
21st June 2018
£22000 - £32000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Legal Software Trainer / Support
Salary: £22,000 - £32,000/annum DOE + Pension
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Do you live within commute distance from Edinburgh and have experience of working in the legal sector as a software trainer? Or are you looking for a change of career into IT, from working in a role in a legal practice, perhaps as a Cashier, Practice Manager, Trainee Solicitor, Paralegal, Associate or other legal practice experience?
Founded over 2 decades ago this is a rare opportunity to join a Company that has worked hard to become a leading provider within their sector. They now supply software to over 400 law firms in the UK, and over 1/3 of all law firms in Scotland use its Practice Management Software.
This latest vacancy aims to continue this growth and reputation by supporting its products further. They are looking for Software Trainer/ Product Consultant/ Helpdesk Support professionals to support and expertly train their clients on the use of their legal practice management software products. The essence of the role is to provide support and demonstrate the system to show its capabilities and in turn enhance the clients own practice, whilst continuously developing and maintaining the companies training platform and supporting their clients' daily needs by telephone and remotely.
The successful candidate will join the implementation team headed by the Implementation Project Manager. Where required, the role will involve delivering a range of value added services including:
Delivering training courses on our systems
* Training needs analysis - Assessing, planning & documenting training requirements
* Delivering on site training classroom style (or one on one) at clients' sites
* Delivering telephone training and sometimes in house "master classes"
Helping to keep key documentation up to date including user guides & training materials
* Assisting the technical team with software enhancement Quality control
* Software pre-release testing
* Design and specification of new ideas and software modules alongside client needs
General Office Support and Start-up assistance
* Handling helpdesk issues & supporting queries by email & telephone / remotely
* Offering practical advice to our clients and helping them "do more with IT"
* Assisting with start-ups where time permits
* Configuring users, permissions, system settings including Cashroom
* Checking data transfer data including financials, CRM, Activities
* Installing desktops and troubleshooting technical issues
The Ideal Candidate Will:
* Be confidence in a training role & experience of providing training to staff at all levels including Partner, Fee Earners, Cashiers, Paralegals, Support Staff and other experienced staff.
* Be willing to stay away for periods of time and this will be primarily in Scotland but could be anywhere in the UK at times
* Have previous experience of working within and alongside law firms and their teams, ideally as a software trainer for a Practice Management Software Provider or law firm
* Demonstrate strong technical legal cash room or accounting software experience and an appreciation of regulations and the risk-based nature of the legal profession
* Have the ability to learn quickly, think on the spot and make their own responsible decisions
* Demonstrate good communication skills and telephone manner and the ability to cope well under pressure and in a technically challenging & demanding a client facing role
* Have experience in Working in a support role in the past and will be compassionate from a client care view
* Demonstrate reasonable IT technical skills and a sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
* Have an appreciation of the law industry and how IT plays a strategic role in its operations
* Have a good understanding of legal software practice management systems
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Support Technician, Front Line Support, IT Trainer, IT Tutor, Software Guide, Law Software Instructor, IT Instructor, Software Trainer and Computer Trainer may also be considered for this role.