SC Cleared OBIEE / ETL Developer
||£500 - £520
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SC Cleared OBIEE/ ETL Developer to be based in Gosport on an initial 6 Month contract. Experienced Developer with experience in Oracle DB, ODI, OBIEE.
Job Title - SC Cleared OBIEE/ ETL Developer
Location - Gosport
Rate - £ Market Rates per day
Duration - 6 Months
Principle tasks: (Main day to day activities)
* Check overnight ETL, and investigate and fix any failures
* Maintain ETL Schedules and Execution Plans
* Monitor availability of all OBIEE services (presentation and BI servers) and work with DBAs to resolve any issues
* Monitor user requests (via RPD, Session Manager) and work with DBAs and users to resolve any issues (failures and performance issues)
* Monitor Serena Incident inbox, investigate any problems that arise, resolve and inform users where appropriate. Create a plan to fix problem where there is a real issue.
* Investigate and fix corrupt OBIEE data as identified by the customer via Serena Incident or highlighted during ETL processing.
* Develop and Unit Test fixes to problems. This may involve corrections / upgrades in Informatica, DAC, Database, RPD and Webcat and document as appropriate.
* Independently test other team members' development work and document as appropriate.
* Maintain the OBIEE workset in Dimensions. Raising appropriate change documents and ensuring the Dimensions Baseline is maintained with the current version of all configurable items.
* Documentation - Create and update release documentation (RTF, MI060, MD070, TE020 etc) as appropriate. Create and update work instructions as required.
* Resolve any defects identified in Testing phases - either raised within the team or by the System Test, Regression Test or Performance Test Teams
* Create and submit RCB documentation - gaining all necessary permissions and ensuring relevant Dimensions work has been complete for specific release.
* Assist with development and test of upgrade from Oracle DAC/Informatica to ODI
* Training and knowledge transfer to new members of staff within the Data Team
* Cross-training and knowledge transfer, to existing members of staff within the team, to facilitate removal of single points of failure.
* 3 years minimum on OBIEE 11g (and previous product incarnations), including ODI or Informatica, DAC, Database, RPD and Webcat.
* Operating System knowledge of AIX/OS
* Highly desirable would be experience of OBIEE 12C
* Must have a solid engineering background in both change and service delivery support, and any supplementary software engineering experience beyond the minimum OBIEE requirement would be advantageous.
* SC Clearance
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Adam Jackson 0161 924 1401