The Law Society
21st May 2018
£40000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
c. £40,000-50,000, dependent on experience
Starting with a new CMS and website redesign in 2018, the Law Society is transforming its digital services and its business systems. Our goal is for members and other website users to access all services online, from any device and with one set of log-in credentials. This is a great opportunity for a UX specialist to make a real difference to the services we provide to members, to the public, to staff and how we work to deliver those services.
The Law Society is the professional body that represents, promotes and supports solicitors. We provide advice and guidance to solicitors and we campaign on legal issues of importance to our members and the public. To do this well we need to understand what our audiences need from us.
As UX Designer you should be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insight. You will take a proactive approach, understanding the needs of the organisation and our audiences. You will be an outstanding communicator, who can manage stakeholder expectations, network at all levels and have an interest in content and user journeys that meet the needs of a diverse and discerning membership.
We require a UX specialist with proven experience working in agile, multidisciplinary teams that lead to development of high quality, user focused digital products. You will be able to plan and lead research on complex services, influence our service proposition, align user research activities and wider plans, and build user centred practices in other teams.
* Understanding of user needs and how to design services that meet them
* Ability to generate new and useful user insight, helping to ensure that quality products and services are delivered that meet the needs of our membership and other stakeholders.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to see the bigger picture and make recommendations that translate business issues and needs into relevant, actionable research plans and objectives.
* Track record of collaborative working with content teams, developers, data analysts, subject specialists and external suppliers to create new digital products and services.
* Excellent communications skills and ability to present research findings in a creative and compelling way, tailored to the needs of the audience.
* Significant experience of user centred design practices and implementing QA process for designs.
* Experience of developing and implementing a UX strategy
* Confident using a range of technologies and adapting to new ones that will connect with our members.
* Confident working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button. Please submit your CV and complete your application form answering all key criteria questions online.