Senior Software Engineer
||Global Invacom Ltd
||Senga Warman, Human Resources Manager
Senior Software Engineer
The role of the Senior Software Engineer is to participate in the development of an innovative video distribution system capable of delivering high quality and reliable video & audio streams to many mobile devices. The Senior Software Engineer shall be responsible for designing and creating Linux based software applications, at all levels of the software stack, that are capable of processing multimedia content from multiple sources and distributing it over IP networks. There is significant additional scope for the successful applicant to expand their skills and experience by participating in the development of other areas of the system including Apps for mobile devices, network optimisation and web applications. A highly motivated and candidate with a desire to create new things and a proven ability to overcome technical challenges is therefore sought.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take technical responsibility for the complete product lifecycle.
- Personally contribute to the project; definition, partitioning & coding.
- Communicate development issues and solutions.
- Monitor working practices and tools, and suggest improvements.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Linux application and kernel development
- Linux based build systems, package managers and distribution
- Proficient with programming languages: C, C++, Python, Shell scripts
- Familiarity with QT application framework
- Experience with software licensing
- Protocols at all layers of TCP/IP stack
- Multimedia container formats (MP4, MPEG-TS)
- Multimedia streaming protocols (MPEG-DASH, HLS, RTP)
- Multimedia frameworks and applications (FFmpeg, Gstreamer)
- Broadcast TV standards (DVB, MPEG-TS) and operation
- Expert level capabilities with Unix-like operating systems
- Video codecs (MPEG2, H.264, HEVC) & Audio codecs (MP2, MP3, AAC, AC-3)
- Security / encryption (content protection, conditional access & DRM)
- 802.11 specifications
- Network protocols (RESTful web services, SOAP, JSON)
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Proven experience in developing system/software development projects in a structured environment
- Experience using project management & issue tracking tools (e.g. Redmine, JIRA or similar)
- Experience in various development approaches & methodologies (e.g. Agile and Waterfall)
- Good testing skills. A systematic and detailed approach to problem solving.
- Experience using version control systems
Company benefits include:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Group Pension Scheme 5% employer contribution
- BUPA Healthcare
- Healthshield Cashback plan (eg sight, teeth, hospital)
- Free Parking
Due to anticipated high volume we are not able to respond to all applicants. If you have not received a response within 7 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Must have right to work in UK and able to commute to Stevenage