Business Intelligence Analyst
As part of the Business Intelligence team, we are looking for someone with strong collaboration skills, supported with relevant technical and project management skills. You will need to be effective working in a global team and as a primary BI liaison based in London. You role will serve as a Business Intelligence Analyst within BP’s Trading organisation. You will be responsible for the integrity of reporting and data visualisation solutions and supplemental support for business intelligence services globally.
This role is part of a global Business Intelligence, Reporting & Regulatory IT team, which is responsible for all BI technology delivery to business partners and systems related response to meet regulatory obligations.
We are committed to the provision of agile or flexible working arrangements. It is about finding the best way and role modelling BP’s IT technology to get a job done, that works well for both the business and our employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Work in an Agile, business facing technology team to build, develop and operate applications, tools, and services across the IST business. The team is multi-functional and includes Informatica, Business Objects and Tableau Developers, BI Designers, Business Analysts, etc.
• Analyse, develop, deliver and support robust end to end solutions in BI technologies.
• Provide BI technical leadership to promote creative, high quality development within a collaborative environment.
• Care about the technical side of operations to help ensure smooth running of our critical applications.
• Conduct analysis of complex business problems, and drive solution delivery.
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence technical teams to shape the technical offering to meet business demand.
• Advocate Business Intelligence capabilities across IST
• Drive the evaluation, adoption, management, and optimisation of various DevOps tools (TFS, Splunk, AppDynamics etc.).
• Be an active member of the wider IST analysis community.
• Be open to change and a strong advocate for new technology and methods.
• Actively work with strategic partners and Vendors.
• Manage the integrity of Regulatory Reporting solutions
Essential experience and job requirements
• Deep experience of BI Tools, particularly Power BI, Informatica, Tableau and Business Objects
• Experience of working in a team that promotes positive collaboration to achieve shared goals and any leadership exposure.
• Experience of being part of a technology team in a high pressure, dynamic industry or business area
• Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum and Kanban
• Experience working with business users to understand reporting requirements and the business case to invest in those changes
• Ability to effectively communicate with technology staff and business partners
• Responsible for ongoing change across a portfolio of BI applications and related application support
• Quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process redesign skills.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.