IT Project Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Asthma UK is a relatively small, but very innovative charity which recognises the importance of state-of-the-art technology as a driver for positive change and for extending our reach to the more than 5 million people in the UK living with asthma.
Our IT team is now expanding to include a dedicated IT Projects Manager who will be responsible for working closely with our high-energy teams to genuinely understand their business requirements and challenges, and to project manage appropriate technology solutions all the way from scoping through to final delivery. Exciting projects in the pipeline include improved CRM systems, marketing automation, digital asset management, AI-enabled applications and expansion of our digital eco-system to further integrate with common customer platforms.
• Do you have sound knowledge of implementing mass customer-enabling technologies, ideally including marketing automation, CRM, and integrating core systems with common customer platforms?
• Do you have a strong working knowledge of business analysis tools and techniques?
• Do you have proven experience of planning and managing project resources to ensure effective delivery to fully realise the expected benefits?
• Are you great with people, and able to elicit their business requirements with insight, enthusiasm and tactful persuasiveness?
• Are you able to clearly articulate a project’s vision, as well as its technical substance, to a range of stakeholders?
• Do you want to help achieve real change for people with asthma?
What we do at Asthma UK really matters. The better, deeper and longer relationship we have with people with asthma and their long-term condition, the more lives we save. It’s that simple. Through this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real difference on a massive scale for the one in five households affected by asthma.
What the role involves:
• Working with colleagues across Asthma UK to articulate their detailed business requirements and to propose appropriate technology solutions to address these needs.
• Project manage business applications throughout the lifecycle, from procurement to implementation.
• Manage project risks, and work with colleagues to mitigate risks to project delivery.
• Manage project budgets and monitor expenditure, ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
• Produce high-quality product documentation, including honest project evaluations.
• Communicate opportunities, implications, and risks around proposed technology implementations to a varied stakeholder audience to ensure ongoing buy-in to project objectives.
• Work effectively with Project Sponsors to monitor project progress, addressing any potential threats to project delivery in a timely and constructive manner.
• Help drive a business-partnering culture across the technology team, forming constructive. relationships with internal customers in order to understand how they tick, and assessing how technology can best support their needs.
The salary on offer is £45,000 per annum, however for an exceptional candidate we can offer up to £50,000 per annum.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we’re a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. We offer substantial benefits, including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays). Our recent staff survey shows that alongside having a high-performance culture, Asthma UK is a great place to work, with excellent opportunities for development.
For more information and to apply please click on the APPLY link now!
Closing date for applications: 8am, Monday 21 May 2018.
First interview: Wednesday 30 May 2018.
Second interview: Tuesday 5 June 2018.