DevOps Engineer - VCharge
||£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 days
VCharge is the centrepiece of OVO’s ambition in becoming the world leader in distributed energy technology. It is an intelligent control layer running on top of the already existing energy infrastructure, giving both the market players as well the end consumers a fast forward ticket to the distributed energy future. VCharge will be the nervous system of the OVO’s energy IoT landscape sitting between grid operators and end customers, and connecting energy suppliers, energy IoT, VPP.
Join a team of top notch tech talent in their quest to shape the energy ecosystem of the future. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with people from Facebook, Amazon, Manor Racing, Goldman Sachs, to name but a few.
What's it like to work at OVO?
This is a varied role where you’ll be exposed to the full technology stack, with assignments spanning deployment & infrastructure automation, SRE (site reliability engineering), performance engineering, release engineering and monitoring distributed systems, all with close collaboration with engineering teams.
• Engineer tools that improve production & deployment capabilities for all teams; solutions that provide scalable foundations to building high-performing services
• Work on defined assignments directly with teams that aim to give their operations a boost, leaving documentation and skills in place when you leave
• Contribute to on-call support as an escalation point, providing guidance & coaching to teams enabling a ‘you build it, you run it’ model
• Align with the rest of Production Operations in driving operational excellence & best practices around service performance, deployment, monitoring and availability
• Strong background in Linux systems
• Extensive software engineering and system design experience
• SRE knowledge and skills
• Distributed systems and data streaming architecture
• AWS / GCP experience at scale
• CD/CI tooling & continuous delivery best practices
• Network & Security knowledge
• Kubernetes and container orchestration
• Experience in scripting languages and automation practices
• Demonstrable experience across DevOps skillsets in agile and XP environments
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Whilst experience is important, ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude; we see Production Engineering as a mindset
• Ability to articulate improvements within software engineering for operational benefit
• An inquisitive and curious approach, with confidence to tackle difficult problems
• Rapid adoptee of merit-proven new approaches & technologies
• Problem solver / structured thinker
• Patient and tenacious
• Always happy to help and a natural sharer of knowledge
• Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
• The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
• A clearly defined career path
• Open plan office in Notting Hill
• Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
• Lots of social events
• Training budget
• Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
For more information and to apply, please click APPLY now!