IT Business Analyst
||Halifax, West Yorkshire
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Business Analyst
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £50,000 + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for an IT Business Analyst to join our Business Consultancy Team based at our Halifax office.
The purpose of the IT Business Analyst will be -
To gather information through Customer/User interface and translate the requirements into straightforward functional specifications. The IT Business Analyst will provide fee-earning consultancy and service relating to SSP software and services.
We’d like to meet an IT Business Analyst with -
- Knowledge of and experience of the General Insurance industry i.e. general insurance, Commercial and Personal lines, together with its processes and procedures gained through direct experience
-Proven Business Analyst experience: from business requirement gathering, delivering functional specifications, traceability through to involvement in implementation
- Prior work experience with XML is required
- Knowledge of SQL servers and/or other database systems
- Have demonstrated a working knowledge of the following concepts/skills: Process Mapping (current and future state), Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state), Other UML techniques
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- Practical working knowledge of at least one computer-based Insurance application
- Previous consultancy / customer management experience is highly desirable
The IT Business Analyst Responsibilities include -
- The role as a IT Business Analyst involves identifying solutions for our customers, looking for business opportunities and also supporting our customers during the implementation of our applications and products
- As the IT Business Analyst, you will be working closely with our General Insurance customers, you will be responsible for gathering information and translating this into functional specifications, business and project documents
- You will use your Business Analyst experience of understanding and applying application development methodology to contribute to the production of the deliverable required at different stages throughout the project (e.g. Customer Proposals, GAP analysis, Requirements Definition, and Internal and External Design.)
- With your experience of implementation and installation processes you will be developing, writing and executing test scripts, whilst also participating in internal quality reviews
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
At SSP, we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of IT Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Business Analyst, General Insurance, Business Analyst, Business Change Analyst, Business Transformation Analyst, Change Project Manager, Business Analysis.