||£20000 - £25000
||£Competitive Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant looking for something better? Could you work with a company that works hard to be better, never rests on its laurels and drives change within the energy sector? If so, OVO has the opportunity for you.
Who am I working for?
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’re looking for a Management Accountant to join our Energy Technology Product (ETP) Finance Team based in our London offices.
Are there any benefits?
- Competitive salary DOE plus bonus
- Flexible benefits and working hours
- 25 days' holiday + day off on birthday
- Join a company that’s in the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
From humble beginnings, we have grown to become a significant player in the energy market who offers an alternative to ‘The Big Six’. We’re proud of our ethical approach, look to renewable energy as opposed to the other options and our environment is much closer to a tech start-up than a stuffy corporation.
We’re huge fans of this country, we’re huge fans of the whole planet, we’ve set up a foundation to tackle social injustice and we champion smart tech and renewable energy.
You’ll discover our three rules are to find a way, be the good guys and build something great. You’ll also find that we seek to give back as well as turn a profit and provide volunteering schemes in local communities, mentoring within local schools and support young people across the world.
We’re a better kind of energy company, so why not join us and enjoy a better kind of career.
What will I be doing?
As a Management Accountant, you will join the team that ensure financial controls are in place for our technology products, that we have effective financial planning in place to cover future plans, and there is a strong, achievable strategy that will drive our objectives.
Specifically, you will report to the ETP Head of Finance and will be responsible for the following:
- The preparation of monthly management accounts
- Monthly cost centre reviews
- Management accounting journals
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Quarterly reforecast cycles and general business modelling
- The preparation of audited statutory accounts
- The improvement of financial reporting on business performance
Sounds great! What do I need?
- At least four years’ professional experience, including at least a year’s post qualification experience ideally in a role with significant exposure to energy and technology businesses, either in industry or practice
- To be ACA or ACCA qualified, ideally with a first time pass
- Excellent project management experience
- A degree
- A creative thought process
We’re eager to hear from you if you have experience as a Management Accountant, Financial Advisor, Chartered Accountant, Accountant, Finance Manager, or Associate Accountant.
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you could be the Management Accountant we have been waiting for, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.