Software Project Manager
As a Software Project Manager, you will manage the delivery of best-in-class software projects on Intel Architecture IA based leading-edge embedded processors to drive the next generation of Intel communication devices. This position requires a combination of strong project management skills, technical awareness and the ability to drive multi geo multi disciplined individuals and teams to achieve results. You will be based in Shannon, Ireland as a member of a talented Engineering Team.The role includes:Plans/manages projects directly related to policies or general business operations to meet specific objectives or general goals. Has decision making authority at the project level. Leads the project team and is key interface to the project or contributors. Identifies and refines project objectives. Works on or delegates, as appropriate, problems/tasks in delivery of specific objectives or general goals. Develops solutions to problems by exercising judgment and discretion. Interprets and applies controlling business strategies or corporate policies and deviates as judged appropriate. Identifies tasks and research, determines dependencies, assesses costs, and identifies and assigns specific resources, and communicates expectations to team members.
Creates/tracks/adjusts the project or program schedule. Assesses risks and identifies issues and solutions to timely and efficiently achieve program goals or project objectives while maintaining quality standards. Monitors progress against schedule and determines and takes remedial action as appropriate. Coordinates and prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions. Plans and schedules work ensure the completion of intermediate milestones and overall project or program in timely manner. Influences or sets business unit or cross-organizational strategy. Understands the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined projects, applies the knowledge to deliverables, and leverages it to accelerate project completion.
- Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or other numerate discipline.
- Minimum 3 years experience in project management of large-scale complex software projects from concept through to customer delivery and support.
- A formal project management certification e.g. PMP would be desirable
- Requirements gathering, estimation, planning, scheduling and execution to agreed requirements.
- Excellent Risk Management skills.
- Experience with Agile project development methodology.
- Proven track record of delivery on time & exceptional quality.
- Highly-developed communications skills
- Track record of effective decision making
- Ability to lead a diverse multi-site/geo team and manage direct relationships with key project stakeholders.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle phases
- Ability to define and analyse software project metrics/KPIs
- Experience with open source software community would be an advantage..
- Experience with sub-contract management would be an advantage.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate and influence others in pursuit of solutions.
- Be adaptable and prepared to embrace change.
- Capable of working in a dynamic leading edge environment.
- Ability to optimally scale and adapt processes as required to meet project objectives and business motivations.
- Experience of working with a multi-discipline team to link business objectives and software deliverables would be an advantage.
- Ability to define quality targets and link those to processes and deliverables
- Track record of innovation and continuous improvement.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.