Databank Volunteer Developer
||The Brain Tumour Charity
||The Brain Tumour Charity
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Brain Tumour Charity are looking for enthusiastic, motivated volunteers to join a ‘can do’ team of six with an IT project known as BRIAN (Brain TumouR Information and Analysis Network.) The Charity are developing a comprehensive database which will:
- Improve the quality of life of patients
- Help patients identify new and alternative treatment options
- Provide researchers with data leading to quicker analysis and conclusions
- Support health professionals and managers by identifying best practice
What will I be doing?
The BRIAN system will consist of a database sourcing patient health records and combining this with information entered directly by the patient. The ‘front end’ will consist of a reporting and analytical interface plus the patient portal. The portal will allow patients to compare their treatment and quality of life with that of others with similar conditions.
The BRIAN team are currently looking for some additional resource to help complete the prototyping and analysis stage of the project. The work involves implementing elements of the requirements based on the underlying architecture. As we build out the prototypes we will evolve the high level design which will form the basis of the delivered product; this could be engineered by the internal team or outsourced for completion.
What skills/experience do I need?
The technology ‘stack’ used for BRIAN analysis and prototyping includes:
- SQLServer database
- ASP.NET (C#) - for the patient portal
- SSIS (SQLServer Integration Services) - loading and propagating data through the various schemas of the database
- SSRS (SQLServer Reporting Services) - producing pre-defined and ad hoc reports
- SSIS (SQLServer Analysis Services) - complex analysis and predictive modelling
We urgently require developers skilled in the following:
- ASP.NET (C#)
- SQLServer DBA
- SSIS (SQLServer Integration Services)
- SSRS / SSAS resources - later on in the project
How much of my time would you like?
We expect to be working on the prototype for a minimum of 8 weeks. We are looking for people who are able to contribute to the project during this period, ideally between Tuesday and Friday.
How will I be trained and supported?
- You will receive an induction to The Brain Tumour Charity and to your role here
- You will receive regular support and supervision
What can I gain from volunteering with you?
- Making a valuable contribution to the lives of those affected by brain tumours
- Utilising your existing skills as well as developing and learning new ones
- The experience of working in a fast paced team within The Charity
Where will I be based?
At our office in Farnborough, Hampshire
How do I apply?
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button.