Senior Software Developer
||Sanctuary Housing Association
||(rising to £45,000 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance including policy allowance) subject to April pay review
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Senior Software Developer sits within Information Systems (IS) which is responsible for delivering IS capability within Sanctuary Group. Reporting into the Software Development Team Leader this role will play an integral part in developing and producing bespoke enterprise strength applications through the practical input of design, coding and testing through agile methodologies. Working in a new and exciting team this role will offer the successful individual the opportunity to shape and influence the on-going development of this function.
The role of Senior Software Developer will include -
- Analysing and implementing the Group’s bespoke enterprise strength applications
- Identifying, developing, testing and deploying code based on requirements
- Leading the effective appraisal of new and cost effective solutions through design and implement best practice
- Ensuring that all Group developed applications are secure by design
- Building, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers and provide support for third line issues
Skills and experiences -
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Proven hands on experience within a Developer or Senior Developer role along with a strong understanding of development methodologies
- Comprehensive experience in Microsoft infrastructure technologies
- Experienced in the development of software using C#, .net 4.6.2, Json.net and Wen API 2
- Track record of working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of providing excellent customer service
- Some travel will be required so a full UK Driving licence is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile and apply please click the APPLY button.
Closing Date: 22nd March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.