Software Development Team Leader
||Sanctuary Housing Association
||(rising to £52,618 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance, including policy allowance) subject to April pay review
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Software Development Team Leader
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The role of Software Development Team Leader sits within Information Systems (IS) which is responsible for delivering IS capability with Sanctuary Group. Leading team of Senior Software Developers and Software Developers you will be responsible for developing and producing bespoke enterprise strength applications through the practical input of design, coding and testing agile methodologies. Working in a new and exciting team this role will offer the successful individual the opportunity to shape and influence the on-going development of this function.
The role of Software Development Team Leader will include -
• Managing a team of up to 5, to the support the development of systems that meet with Group requirements
• Identify, analyse and develop the Group’s enterprise strength applications
• Leading the effective appraisal and development of new, cost effective applications and design and implement best practice development methodologies
• Ensuring that all developed Group applications are secure by design
• Building, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers
Skills and experiences -
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience
• Proven hands on experience within an IS Development role along with practical experience of application development methodologies
• Experience in the development of software using C#, .net 4.6.2, Json.net, Web API 2 and Xamarin
• Agile background and practitioner (Scrum Master or equivalent) or the ability to work in a fast-paced Agile development
• Experience of working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
• A natural leader, with proven experience of managing a team within a development function
• Outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of providing excellent customer service
• Some travel will be required so a full UK Driving licence is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
• A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
• 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
• Life assurance
• Health & well-being plans
• Discounted products & services
• Personal advice and counseling
• Family-friendly arrangements
• Tax efficient benefits
• Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 20th March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
If this sounds like you then click APPLY now!