PMO Manager, Transformation Team
||£42,500 - £48,500
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
What it’s about
Cambridge International has recently established a Transformation Team to manage a number of complex Programmes and Projects which are helping to drive our strategic aims.
Reporting to the Deputy Director - Transformation, the team is responsible for programme and project delivery, strategic alignment, UAT and IT alignment.
At the heart of the team is a new PMO function which will ensure programmes and projects have full transparency, governance and traceability.
What you'll be doing
Ensure timely and accurate project and programme tracking information is collected
• Support the Deputy Director, Transformation in analysing and reporting on project and programme performance and formulating recommendations for the Future of Assessment Board
• Provide cross project oversight of benefits realisation and identification of project / programme dependencies, key risks and resourcing requirements and highlight potential issues and conflicts to the Deputy Director, Transformation
• Support the administration of the project and programme governance framework
• Analyse and interpret data to present outputs in an engaging and easily digestible format
• Work with the Deputy Director, Transformation to maintain Cambridge International’s Project Management templates, methods and best practices
• Support projects, programmes and other initiatives to ensure consistent and systematic approach to delivery across the project portfolio
• Provide expert guidance and support in the application of PMO templates, methods and best practice
• Train new and existing Project Managers in the Project templates and systems, disseminate changes throughout the Cambridge International PM community
• Co-ordinate material for the Future of Assessment Board and other meetings as required
• Administer meetings, manage submissions, manage agendas and actions
• Provide project support to Future of Assessment programmes and in-flight projects
• Support the alignment of business and technology projects to Cambridge International’s strategy
What we’re looking for
We are seeking an experienced PMO professional to shape, implement and manage the PMO framework within Cambridge International:
Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Qualified in Project Management (e.g. PRINCE2) desirable but not essential
Able to quickly establish strong and effective relationships with individuals across the organisation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to engage and influence individuals from all levels in the organisation
• Strong Project, Programme and Portfolio Management skills
• Strong Excel skills, particularly in relation to data analysis and presentation
• Strong presentation skills
Previous experience creating and/or managing a PMO function
• Previous experience in managing projects and programmes
• Knowledge of the context in which Cambridge International operates
• Experience of analysing and interpreting data and presenting this in an engaging and easily digestible format
Drives for results
• Influences strategically
• Engages key stakeholders and collaborates across Cambridge International and CA
• Leads change and inspires confidence
• Builds effective relationships, collaborates internally and across the company
• Develops self and others
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on BUPA Care, Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
To apply, please upload CV and covering letter by clicking the APPLY button.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21 February 2018 and interviews will be held on 8 March 2018.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.