Software Engineering Manager
||£Competitive Plus Bonus & Excellent Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
If you are an experienced software engineering manager seeking something new or a Team Lead looking for the next step in your career, this is an amazing opportunity to join a challenger brand and make a real difference in this fast-paced sector.
At OVO Energy, we foster an exciting work environment where you’ll rub shoulders with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry.
We’ve been voted as one of the Sunday Times’ Best Companies to Work For, have had our innovative software development featured in Wired magazine and still make time to have fun (our social highlights include our brilliant Christmas Ball and Summer Festival).
So, if you like the idea of becoming a game changer for a business that shatters the status quo, explores the unexplored and brings new innovations to the table on a daily basis, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage teams that care about code quality, test automation and continuous delivery
- Work with teams to develop scalable distributed architectures
- Ensure that we develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably
- Motivate and support team members to perform at their best
- Contribute to creating a supportive, friendly and welcoming work environment
- Act as our resident Agile enthusiast and help teams to constantly improve and refine their working practices
- Remove blockers and impediments to engage engineering teams’ performance and enjoyment
- Facilitate and manage the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members
- Recruit high calibre engineers to join OVO Technology
- Support and facilitate cross-team collaboration and co-ordination
Interested? To be considered as a Software Engineering Manager, you will need:
- A strong software engineering background, ideally in scalable distributed applications.
- Excellent line and/or people management experience
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working with high performing engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their technical decision making
Experience of using Scala or other functional programming languages would be an advantage, but is not essential.
We’d be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Software Engineering Manager, Software Development Team Lead, Software Development Team Leader, Lead Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Agile Developer or Senior Developer.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a company in the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in central Bristol
- Free breakfast every day + half price Friska
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Discounted gym membership
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Software Engineering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.