IT Systems Support Technician
||Head Office Based * Earlston - Border Region (TD4 6JA)
We are a rapidly developing multi-site business and market leading UK company within the timber industry, employing over 1200 people and with a Group turnover in excess of £300m. We have ten profit centres across the UK and one in Latvia, We are BSW.
Head Office based and reporting to the Head of IT Infrastructure, your role will focus on assisting system users with computer support and IT maintenance - working from initial customer request through to final resolution. As well as troubleshooting issues relating to hardware, networking, operating systems and applications, you’ll also provide advice on technical issues to a non-technical audience, which may involve travel across various BSW sites.
As an IT Systems Support Technician, your day to day duties will involve:
• Diagnosing software and hardware problems, as well as undertaking repairs and upgrades
• Tracking, prioritizing and documenting requests using our IT helpdesk system
• Monitoring and maintaining backup systems across the business
• Assisting in the installation and configuration of new computers, networking cables and other IT equipment across the business
Ideally, we’re looking for an IT Systems Support Technician, preferably with a relevant IT qualification, who has the potential to grow into the role and can demonstrate:
• A good all-round knowledge of general computer hardware - Desktops/Laptops/Servers
• A practical grasp of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems, covering installation, configuration and fault-finding activities
• Experience of Microsoft Office support
• First rate communication and problem-solving skills, coupled with a helpful manner and a genuine desire to learn
• A Full driving licence is essential
In addition, any familiarity with Windows Server, including Active Directory, Linux, Virtualisation and Backup Systems would be beneficial.
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. As well as the competitive salary, this position includes other benefits such as an excellent bonus, employer’s contribution pension scheme and company sick pay.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, specifying the job title, by clicking the APPLY button.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 31st January 2018