Production Support Analyst
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Required is a focused support professional with experience working with SQL Server and Oracle Databases in a financial institution. The primary responsibility of the application support analyst role is to maintain and support the business day applications across Trade management, Data Services, Finance and Reporting systems, therefore prior experience of the asset management sector is highly desirable. The successful applicant will be part of the GT Data Support Team within Schroders and will initially focus on integration into the existing support model.
The principle objectives of the GT Data Support function are to:
• Verify/maintain availability of business critical systems.
• Own all reported application incidents through to successful resolution. This will predominantly deal with the flow of Business related data through the relevant Schroders systems.
• Interface to BA and Delivery for 3rd line support and change/projects
• To reduce incidents through continuous support process improvement
• To sponsor change required to drive down support issues
The scope of the role includes
• London systems and London based global systems.
• Technical and Business incident management and ownership.
• Business user queries, processes, data and usability.
• Rota coverage from 08:00-18:00 with occasional adhoc evening, weekend work including overnight support
Reporting to the GT Data Support Team Leader within the IT Production Support function, the individual selected will, along with a team of Application Support Analysts, be responsible for all the business day applications that run across the Schroders platforms including Oracle, SQL Server, Business Objects and Third Party vendor applications.
Key areas of responsibility are:
• Proactive monitoring and management of business critical 24x7 real-time, legacy application, data handling and data delivery infrastructure to identify issues, trends and potential problem areas. Where required to rectify issues in a timeless fashion in order to restore application functionality.
• Application responsibilities will cover Application Infrastructure, Data Fixes, User Queries, User Education, Data Requests, Data Analysis and Incident Investigation.
• Focus on Data Quality and Business Functions. This will require a full understanding of the data flows in the relevant applications.
• Ensuring that incidents are correctly processed, assessing business and technical impact and severity.
• Interact with IT Delivery, Technical Support and IT Business Consultancy and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex technical and business data related problems.
• Taking ownership of 3rd line application incidents and ensuring that they are resolved, this includes retaining ownership of incidents that require IT Change activity to resolve.
• Working with the Support Team Leads and Support Manager, contribute to the continuous support improvement process.
• Creation of training and support packs for use within the team, documentation in the IT knowledge base and known issues database.
• Implementation of Application configuration settings onto the Production environment.
• Support the existing reports and where necessary the data aspect to the result set being returned. Primary Business support contact and ensuring the communication to the business community remains active.
• Ability to deploy and support complex 3rd party developed applications
• Excellent problem solving, planning and organizing skills, a flexible approach with good verbal and written English communication skills
• Work to provide services to agreed Service Level Targets and Operating Level Agreements.
• Self starter with strong work ethic.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Team player, flexibility and willingness to develop a broad business knowledge base.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
• To be part of the team rota with the variable start and finish times that this will require.
Experience and Skills:
It is expected with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
• Solid SQL Server and Oracle experience and working knowledge of UNIX
• Strong knowledge of Client reporting tools used for valuation and investment reporting purposes.
• Demonstrable experience of problem solving and troubleshooting valuation data issues.
• Experience and a good working knowledge of application performance tuning, integration and testing.
• Essential: proven experience with:
• Solid Oracle/SQL Server query experience and understanding of Data Warehouse concepts
• Service Now or equivalent Helpdesk support software.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving experience in the IT financial services sector particularly around data and data flows.
• ITIL certification
• Experience with Vermillion Reporting Suite or similar Client reporting application
• Experience with Markit EDM and MS Azure
To all recruitment agencies: Schroders does not accept agency resumes without agreed terms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Schroders employees or any other company location. Schroders are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.