||Save the Children
||Save the Children
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Scientist to support a significant digital transformation agenda focused on core business processes and systems; and to ensure that data-driven insights across the organisation are available to enable better decision making.
Initially you will focus on the PPM PRIME (Programme Project Management/ Project Reporting, Information Management and Evidence) initiative, which aims to improve project/program management capability, design, delivery, and effectiveness. We will be purchasing a new IT system to support this initiative and you will liaise with business stakeholders, and the vendor, to analyse and translate requirements into analytics assets and data models. You will also have responsibility for data governance and data management practices, designing data interfaces and integrations between systems, and ensuring data protection/compliance (e.g. GDPR).
In order to be successful you will bring/be:
• A proven ability to deliver business results with data-based insights from quantitative data analysis and statistical modelling
• Experience in using relational database systems including SQL server and Postgres
• Experience with statistical programming languages such as R or Python
• Experience with using data analysis tools such as PowerBI and DAX
• Proficiency in creating data dashboards and visualisations
• An understanding of confidentiality issues and data governance
• Outstanding communication skills at the technical and non-technical level
• Experience of working in an agile project delivery environment
This role offers a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Closing date for applications is 20th January.