||Save the Children
||Save the Children
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Save the Children is undergoing a significant transformation through the implementation of a number of change projects under the ‘High Performing Organization’ strategy. As a result we are currently recruiting for a Technology Lead to define and lead on the IT roadmap for a global ERP implementation.
This ERP implementation sits within the PPM PRIME (Programme Project Management/ Project Reporting, Information Management and Evidence) initiative, which aims to improve field level project/program management capability and delivery; and will also significantly increase the accessibility of information about our program achievements, resulting in a culture of evidence-based knowledge, learning and action on what works best for children.
In this role you will work closely with the business to ensure the data management strategy is clearly defined, act as the Design Authority, be involved in the software selection and vendor negotiations, and you own the IT deliverables including (resourcing, budgeting, risks and issues, interdependencies, data migration, testing plans, cutover plans, the technical journey etc.) that will ensure a successful phased implementation in our 55+ countries along with a successful transition to support.
In order to be successful you’ll be/have:
• Proven experience in the implementation of at least one ERP solution in a multinational environment experiencing a phased approach for the implementation
• Experience with projects involving packaged deployments and bespoke software development
• Prior experience of successfully managing large and complex change projects and programmes involving business processes, technology, data, and business reporting
• An understanding of "what good looks like” in terms of large scale implementation
• Proven ability to deliver projects on time, on budget and to quality using project management processes and tools including risk management, financial management and quality assurance
• A technical understanding of IT infrastructure and technology development / deployment preferably in web/cloud based solutions
• Understanding of system architectures, data strategies, upgrade strategies and cutover planning
• Proven experience of using and leading change management activities including change impact assessment, stakeholder management, managing resistance, building change capacity, designing and defining roles and responsibilities.
• Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
• The willingness and ability to travel internationally for up to 30% in the 2nd year as we implement the new ERP system
The role offers a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Closing date for applications is 20th January.