||£40,000 - £50,000
Connido is an early stage start-up on a mission to develop and deliver an innovative wearable, data driven parenting solution to help millions of parents monitor and improve their baby's and their own wellbeing.
We are a small but strong, passionate and driven team of dedicated parents, doctors, product developers, management consultants and engineers with a vision is to build a connected platform that grows with families. We are looking for talented and ambitious individuals who share our passion to join us at start of this exciting journey.
We are looking for a UK based Back-End Developer to lead the development of our powerful platform that integrates with our wearable solution, can process data generated by our devices and deliver powerful features to our users through apps and wearable devices. Working with the rest of the technical team, you’ll use your all-round technical and analytical expertise to inform our product roadmap.
• Own and take responsibility for the development, testing and deployment of backend services
• Work with team members to define features, use cases, requirements and tasks to accomplish short and long-term product goals.
• Ensure that any code written or reviewed is readable, well documented, versioned and testable in order to ensure best coding practices.
• Adhere to lean, agile methodologies principles and rapid prototyping to accomplish our MVP launch.
• Communicate complex technological ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to rest of the team
• A bachelor or higher degree in a relevant software development field
• You must demonstrate extensive experience and understanding of ALL of these concepts:
o Design, development, testing and deployment of RESTful APIs
o Agile, TDD and BDD development methodologies
o Distributed, highly concurrent and message driven architectures
o Coding best practices and fundamental design patterns
o Relational and Non-relational databases; and data modelling
• Required Skills / Technologies;
o Experience in ANY of these programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java, Scala, Typescript.
o Experience in ANY of these databases: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch.
o AWS: EC2, S3, CloudFront, Elastic Load Balancers (or any other cloud service).
o Virtualization Tools: Docker.
o Http Servers: Nginx (or any other Http server).
o Continuous Integration: CircleCI, Jenkins. (or any other CI tool)
o RabbitMQ (or any other message broker)
• Desirable experience in ANY of these technologies: HTML5, CSS3, React, React-Native
• Ambitious, creative problem solver and self-starting team player with a track record of delivering complex technological solutions
• Previous hands-on experience with health, wellness and/or fitness devices/solutions desirable but not essential
• Competitive salary, stock options and benefits aligned with industry norms and prior experience
• Work with a world class team that includes experienced product designers, engineers, and doctors
• Office space within London Metropolitan University Accelerator in the heart of London’s tech scene in Shoreditch
• Opportunity to shape our vision and product development; and grow with us
• Flexible working arrangements for the right candidate
If you believe you have what it takes to lead Connido’s back-end strategy and development, then please send your CV along with a brief introduction to yourself by clicking APPLY now!