AWE is currently recruiting for a IS Product Specialist to work within our Enterprise Applications Team supporting the business in the use and development of our IT Applications.
The ideal candidate would be able to proactively identify opportunities for change and improvement, assist in the solution process, driving change and supporting the development of customer led Information Systems.
Location: Reading / Basingstoke area / Hybrid
Salary: From £33,950
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Implement application and system changes in line with IS processes, procedures, and policies, to budget, time, and scope.
- Communicate with key business stakeholders to support product owner in ensuring systems meet expectations.
- Resolve or escalate incidents, problems and issues and risks accordingly.
- Task manage key resources supporting the system.
- Manage product backlog alongside product owners
- Deliver resilient systems on corporate IT networks that meets the business requirements and SLAs/OLAs.
- License management supporting supply chain management and software licensing teams
- Work with vendors and suppliers to deliver application changes, fix bugs and ensure applications meet expectations
- Use knowledge of customer requirements to contribute to roadmap planning
- Maintain robust relationship with business stakeholders to ensure regular two-way communication between Information Services and senior business users.
- Maintain system configuration baseline and system architecture in appropriate system to IS specifications.
- Actively champion Diversity and Inclusion through actions and behaviour.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality and be a great team player.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- Customer focussed, can-do approach
- Experience in IT Applications (e.g. Workday, ArcGIS, Infor EAM, Meridian)
- Experience of call and change management systems, troubleshooting tools and root cause analysis.
- Degree or relevant experience in a proactive IT operational role in a modern IT environment
- Great communication skills - translate technical to non-technical and vice-versa
- Good understanding of IT and Information related principles, standards, and requirements when operating within MoD and UK legislative environments.
- Able to operate under pressure and influence decisions.
Please note that you must be a British National to apply for a role at AWE.