|Listed on:||8th June|
|Location:||West Durrington, West Sussex|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Salary: From £70,902 + car allowance
Benefits: Benefits: Up to 11% pension contribution; performance related annual bonus; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; Perk Box (discount scheme); BUPA health cash plan
Southern Water is currently going through an exciting IT transformation which will strategically change the way it delivers IT support and services to its business and end users.
As an Operational Technology and Telemetry Manager, you will be reporting into the Head of IT Application Services where you will devise and deliver the departments overall strategy.
You will work closely with the Strategy & Architecture, Service delivery and Project Delivery counterparts to ensure that the applications are supported and projects are delivered to the highest standards.
You will manage the Operational Technology (O.T) and Telemetry team for applications and will be expected to oversee Operational Technology and Telemetry applications on Southern Water's O.T./I.T. ecosystem.
Location: Falmer. Currently working from home whilst COVID-19 restrictions are in place. However, once restrictions are lifted, you will be expected to work from the Brighton site, at least two days per week.
1. Operational: Responsible for implementation of Digital and Integration application management and release strategy aligned with overall IT working practices.
2. Day to day: Managing daily management of applications availability aligned with SLA's and OLA's agreed for the respective system. Producing management reports for weekly reviews. Delivering zero unplanned downtime on applications.
3. Team Management: Performing team management and direction setting for team aligned with SLA/OLA targets. Working closely with service management team on application support.
4. Project: Support project teams in Loading, manipulating and maintaining data, maintain patch and version levels.
5. Quality: Defining and implementing system quality assurance practices and procedures.
Experience and expertise:
Why Southern Water?
We provide essential services to 4.6 million customers across Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
We recognise the importance of what we do, and it's reflected in our purpose: to provide water for life to enhance health and wellbeing, protect and improve the environment and sustain the economy.
By joining our team, your work will be vital in helping us deliver a resilient water future for the South East.
Three values underpin everything we do: succeeding together, doing the right thing and always improving. Are you a natural collaborator with a strong moral compass and a curious streak? If so, you'll fit right in.
We're building an inclusive culture and we're proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation. Ultimately, we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day.