Field Service Engineer
£33000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Field Service Engineer
Full Time / Permanent
£35k base - Benefits / Training
Location - Travel to client sites around Hampshire during office hours / Flexi Working
We have been retained as a recruitment partner to a leading managed service provider, who require a Field Service Engineer to start ASAP to join an existing growing team.
The Field Service Engineer will work as part of the Service Desk providing local level IT assistance to our practices and where possible we will align to our regional operational structure. The purpose of the role is to support the Service Desk, Project Team and wider IT team whilst liaising with our colleagues in practice. Field Service Engineers primarily diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues in a timely manner. The Engineer will provide on-site customer assistance so it is essential you have a full, clean driving licence and access to personal car for business use. This role will include travel to customer sites.
The Field Service Engineer has the authority to install hardware/software at approved customer sites. The Engineer is responsible for attending customer sites to respond to failures and review/resolve with appropriate involvement from the Technical Operations Manager. The role also has the authority to work on ITIL based tickets using Autotask.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Providing support and technical guidance for core services
* To support the Service Desk and Project Team whilst maintaining a consistent message and responding to the needs of customers as they arise.
* To accurately and efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot IT related issues and resolve any issues in a timely manner whilst adhering to company best practice and protocol.
* Assist the Project Team, wider IT team and 3rd parties by being an on-site presence to assist in the resolution of issues or the implementation of new/upgraded technology.
* Ensure that customers are updated regularly regarding the progress of any current technical resolution
* Highlight any notable improvements that could be made to customer IT systems, or any potential IT liabilities to your manager.
* Provide regular service updates to customers based on published customer service reports and any other agreed KPIs.
* Whilst on-site, act as the first point of contact with customers regarding any technical issues and take ownership of technical issues until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
* Provide excellent customer satisfaction throughout the resolution period
* Can demonstrate a high level of customer service skills
* Ability to work independently
* Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment that is subject to constant change
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to use knowledge gained as a continuous means of progression and improvement
* Excellent time management
* Ability to analyse IT issues and apply high level diagnostic and problem-solving skills
* Ability to form sound relationships with customers and internal teams
* Ability to respond appropriately to customer IT issues in a timely and appropriate manner
* Ability to prioritise, organize and manage a complex workload, and to work well under pressure
* Experience in the provision of remote and in-person user support and the ability to identify which of these will be the most effective and efficient
* Good understanding of networking infrastructure and protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN and VPN technologies)
* Experience of supporting Microsoft Client operating systems, software and server infrastructure (e.g. Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy etc.)
* Experience using ticket management systems.
* Experience of software & hardware asset management (e.g. licensing, warranties, asset tracking etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
* Experienced in use of AD, Windows 10 and Server 2012-2022
* Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365
* RMM (remote monitoring and management software)
* VPN's, networking and connectivity tools
* Server virtualisation software
* SSD, RAM and general hardware upgrades
* Full, clean driving licence and access to personal car for business use This role will include travel to customer sites.
Please apply for more details
Deerfoot IT Resources Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.