|Listed on:||31st May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A New vacancy for a Test Engineer (Verification and Validation) within Cyber Security has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
Reporting into the Test Manager you will be responsible for executing allocated Test Environment Work Packages within the agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- The Verification and Validation Test Engineer is responsible for specifying, performing and documenting Verification and Validation tests for allocated elements of the product development test strategy, by:
- Performing in-house and/or external testing for complex Cryptographic and or Key Management Systems.
- Documenting the tests and test results for allocated area of responsibility
- Verification and Validation specifications, procedures, schedules and reports are produced, demonstrating appropriate test coverage.
- Appropriate tools and techniques are used to integrate, qualify, verify, validate and accept equipment to Airbus Defence & Space standards and to customer specifications.
Skills & Experience
- Must have experience of formal Verification and Validation of complex electronic equipment and/or supporting software applications
- Able to carry out Verification and Validation tasks of up to three months duration with only limited supervision
- TCP/IP network configuration and test
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Secure Communications Systems
- Secure Cryptographic Communications Network Devices
What Airbus Can Offer You:
- A competitive salary with annual profit share
- An ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Very strong, very real career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
- A hybrid working pattern of 2 to 3 days per week in the office and 2 to 3 days remotely (delete if not relevant / shift work)
- Flexible hours - 37 per week with no core hours on Friday afternoons!
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking. Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.