As portfolio manager for EMEA Technology you are accountable to align technology product roadmaps with functional business needs, licensee retail technology and operations, and the Global Licensing Framework (GLF) to ensure the delivery of compliant technology solutions across all Starbucks EMEA stores whether licensed or company owned. Collects functional, market, and licensee requirements and shares with product owners and GLF stakeholders. Responsible for managing key suppliers and works closely with internal cross functional teams to plan and execute deployments of both hardware and software technology solutions to the EMEA market. Supports the technology product portfolio and stakeholder engagement for both retail and non-retail enterprise technology.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Manage key partners and relationships at the strategic level to plan and execute deployment of technology solutions to the EMEA market.
- Liaise with market, licensee, and corporate teams to deliver technology systems across EMEA.
- Manages large programmes as assigned, and manages individual projects when needed
- Monitors and reviews technology programme and project financials, costs, operational budgets, staffing, resourcing and project risks.
- Tracks and resolves project and programme Risks, Actions, Issues, and Decisions
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on overall progress and initiates corrective action, as appropriate, to ensure that programme and project deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
- Helps assess and monitor the Total Cost of Ownership for technology platforms
- Tracks ROI and Comp on technology products and investments
- Assesses, tracks, and identifies resourcing, funding and dependencies for programmes and projects
- Supports product managers, product owners with GLF compliant vendor and product selection RFx processes
- Plans, directs and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement projects from contract/proposal initiation to final go live
- Aligns the project objectives against business objectives and authorises the selection and planning of all related projects and activities.
- As required to support projects, may select and manage contract project manager resources
Key Contacts - Internal
- EMEA technology team
- Relevant EMEA project leads
- EMEA technology leadership team
- EMEA market teams and leadership
- EMEA and market teams functional leadership
Key Contacts - External
- External vendors
- External consultants
- JV Partners
- All Licensee technology leadership stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing large scale technology deployments
- Success of delivering end to end technology projects in a retail technology sector
- Strong understanding of technology concepts
- Articulate at sharing complex technology concepts with a non-technical audience
- Strong budgeting, planning, and project financial acumen
- Customer and business relationship management
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical/Excel skills
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed organization
- Excellent project management skills