|Listed on:||19th May|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
The Digital Product Definition team are developing world-leading digital signal processors and cryptographic equipment for modern communications satellites. Our products fly in a range of missions from Low Earth Orbit satellite constellations to space observatories beyond Earth orbit. We are currently expanding to meet increasing demand for more advanced technologies both on national programmes and for customers globally.
In this rewarding role you will join a multi-disciplinary team with access to experts in all disciplines, and be responsible for developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world as part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
In this role you will have the opportunity to get involved in all phases of hardware design and development, from hardware concept and requirements definition, through to detailed design and hardware bring-up.
- Produce digital electronic board specifications, from product or architecture requirements.
- Define interfaces and digital parameters, considering switching speeds, pulses, rise and fall times, feedback and interference, impedance of devices, signal transmission.
- Define performance criteria and define how to prove validation and verification of performance with test strategy.
- Produce circuit diagrams, iterating design where necessary due to circuit analysis outputs and PCB layout constraints.
- Support detailed design in CAD/CAM or VHDL implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/VHDL level in accordance with engineering design rules.
As the sucessful candidate for this position, you must be able to demonstrate the following;
- Excellent team-working, decision-making skills and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sufficient detailed data and information about system elements to enable consistent hardware implementation in accordance with the allocated requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to master the design and/or perform analysis of digital electronic circuits using the latest digital design tools, including the design of printed circuit boards, logic circuits, schematic capture, signal integrity, timing analysis, worst case analysis, and environmental constraints.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques for digital circuits.
- Ability to verify the compliance of a detailed design solution toward baseline of validated requirements.
Not 100% match for the role? No worries! Airbus will support your professional development and invests in your learning journey/continuous learning.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
We are committed to offering continuous training and career development. We understand that our success is based on our people and we strive to offer all our employees an enjoyable and rewarding career.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
The successful candidate will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check) or UK SC Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.