Based in the North West of England a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Power Applications Design Engineer to join a world-leading semiconductor company.
The Power Applications Design Engineer will be responsible for providing sound technical and design-in support to Power and Industrial customers, including the development of demo boards, application circuit designs and technical documentation.
Other responsibilities include:
- You will be required to communicate with Field Application Engineers and customers to solve problems and advance the next generation of design wins.
- You will be required to develop relationships with key technical decision-makers at their main customer sites which will mean the successful candidate will be required to undertake some international travelling, approximately 4 weeks per year.
The successful candidate will have a good relevant degree in electrical or electronics engineering with a proven background in an Electronic related industry.
Other areas of expertise include:
- Working knowledge of power converters and inverters, real and practical design and analysis of AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC converters, analogue circuits, switching circuits, and mixed-signal circuits.
- Working knowledge of semiconductor devices such as IGBTs, MOSFETs, SCRs/Thyristors, as well as the design of gate drivers and snubber circuits. Understanding of parasitics and how they influence the operation of these semiconductor devices and techniques to manage such as parasitics.
- Working knowledge of thermal design and optimisation techniques, thermal modelling and simulation using Flowtherm, SolidWorks or other thermal simulation tools. If this is something of interest and would like more information, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
If this Power Applications Design Engineer
vacancy is of interest then please apply with an up to date CV and contact information.
Contact Name: Stuart Bennett