We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client, a major UK retail bank, provides every day banking services to over 17 million retail customers. The banks expertise and services span across Business Services, Corporate banking, Wealth Management, Group Functions, Retail and Investment Banking.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Technical Architect for a 12 Month contract based in remotely.
Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for designing the IT or Business Domain Solution for major programmes and projects (this could be a single large programme or a portfolio of programmes / projects dependent on size / complexity). Balancing requirements from the business with strategic direction and the drive to meet project budgets and timescales.
- Provide the delivery of the Solution or Enterprise Architecture for a domain as required by change portfolios or major change initiatives under the guidance of the Portfolio Architect and the Senior Architect for the domain
- This role is to process content rich problems of technical, business, intellectual and academic nature for a domain within enterprise architecture and / or solution architecture. Bring the problem space to life and provide options to resolve.
- Communicate and influence to a wide range of stakeholders.
- The role holder will be responsible for Solution Architecture Assurance on a Programme or number of in-flight projects, ensuring that the designed and delivered solution is consistent with the agreed Solution Architecture throughout the solution lifecycle and any deviations are escalated via the appropriate governance process
As a Technical Architect you will be responsible for:
- Produce the Architecture Deliverables which underpin the ability to provide optimal customer, IT and business outcomes (including customer and conduct risk) whilst maintaining a commercial focus and aligning to approved strategies and roadmaps
- Contribute to the definition of the approach to Solution or Enterprise architecture and solution traceability in project start-up / initiation for key strategic and regulatory change projects
- Lead a team of change professionals to realise the architectural solution and business value
- Define, build and maintain asset library for the business domain and IT landscape. To be a knowledge expert through use of our corporate toolset and methods in a domain
- Provide solution and enterprise architecture input, support and challenge to architectural long-term strategies and 5 year roadmaps for a domain
- Provide oversight on strategic investment projects and programmes, covering sign-off, traceability and act as point of escalation to ensure requirements and designs align to the solution architecture and enterprise architecture assets
- Responsible for point architecture practice activity as required by the leadership team
- Provide the right balance of solution architecture (content/quality) with project delivery objectives (time/cost/resource) to ensure the delivery of pragmatic solutions. Draw on the capabilities delivered in other programmes and projects to provide ROI and speed to market efficiencies
- Accountability to communicate and exercise the Architecture Assurance process on projects to ensure compliance with the defined Architecture Governance Frameworks
- Contribute to project and programme design authorities, managing dependencies and presenting solutions to Architecture Governance.
What we require from the candidate:
- Previous experience in an IT or Business Change/Architecture delivery role
- Skilled in architecture modelling tools (as appropriate to business / technical orientation)
- Qualification in computing or business related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Strong functional knowledge in Financial Services is desirable
- Excellent analytical and technical skills including knowledge of all components of the relevant Architectures; knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes; ability to evaluate multiple Architectural solutions to business problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels, with proven credibility with Senior Executives through to Divisional Directors
- Good ability to quickly understand the functionality, capabilities and benefits of new operating models and technologies
- Well-developed coaching and mentoring skills and experience in line/team management and performance management
- Must demonstrate previous exposure to a wide variety of business change, including organisational, systems, business process, and multi-disciplinary, cross-functional change and/or experience of architecting and delivering technical solutions across multiple platforms.
- Ability to create fully formed end to end solutions across multiple complex domains understanding the complexities of a large scale organisation
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business