Job Title: IT Support Team Leader
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Salary: £27,569 - £29,452 per annum, depending on experience
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 10.00am on Monday 9th May
Purpose of the Role:
- To work as part of the Cross College IT (CCIT) team in supporting and improving the IT provision of the college
- To provide day to day management of the IT Technicians with responsibility for managing the Helpdesk function
- Organise and manage the setup and support of IT used during college events throughout the year
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the CCIT technicians' daily duties and workload ensuring that any helpdesk requests are actioned in line with college Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and monitor that work is performed promptly and correctly.
- Manage the skills development of the CCIT team in accordance with the college and departmental priorities and conduct the appraisal process for the team.
- Ensure that the IT Technicians' are delivering a high standard of customer service to staff and students.
- Support the Network Manager in the planning and costing of future developments to the ICT infrastructure and project work as required and have responsibility for the purchasing of IT equipment, obtaining quotes from suppliers as requested.
- Work with the Network Manager and Director of College Services to ensure that all on-site and off-site college events have the correct provision of IT equipment and support.
- Assist in ensuring that relevant departmental documents and procedures are produced and are kept up to date.
- Administer the college Asset Management System to maintain an up to date inventory of college equipment, warranty agreements and support information.
- Administer stock maintenance and resupply - ensuring at all times the college has the appropriate stocks of spares and parts, including paper, toner and organising resupply as appropriate.
- Follow IT procedures to complete basic IT support tasks such as managing Active Directory accounts, email, backups and mobile device management. Provide day to day help and assistance to end users to enable them to use the hardware and software safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that college Cyber Security protections are adhered to and maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of college related matters to prevent the disclosure of confidential and sensitive information, including with respect to GDPR.
- Provide regular reports on the performance of the CCIT team in relation to its SLAs and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
It will also be expected that in the rare event of unforeseen systems failure, that the successful candidate will work out of hours at short notice to assist or take charge of the recovery of the system(s) affected.
- Over 1 years' experience of managing a team
- High level of literacy/communication skills, capable of independently producing documentation written to a high, professional standard
- Able to build respect and credibility within the team. Demonstrate ability to motivate staff, support them to meet their goals and objectives, identify and manage potential issues at an early stage
- Ability to work on own initiative within set boundaries
- An appreciation of the use of ICT in a classroom setting
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of supporting and troubleshooting technologies used at the college, including: Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 2016 DNS, DHCP, Office365
- Organised with effective planning and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Experience of working in an educational establishment
- Experience of working in IT support in a helpdesk environment
- A relevant degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Current Driving License
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: 1st Line Technical Support, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, Technical Support, IT Systems Support and IT Service Desk Technician may also be considered for this role.
Contact Name: Loreto College