Senior Manager - Data Analytics - Financial ServicesLondon
We are supporting one of our global consulting clients advisory teams to recruit a Senior Data Analytics Manager who specialises in Financial Services markets. The role will pay up to a c£100-110,000 basic plus benefits, choices, car and extras. The role will be remotely based to begin with, reverting to a blend of remote / office / client in due course.
Our clients Data & Analytics team is a specific area of focus and growth. Structurally, it sits in the Technology practice and is aligned to their Financial Services coverage group.
As a Senior Manager within the team, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team that covers a broad range of data capabilities including data visualisation, data management, data migration, data architecture, data integration and data modelling.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about solving clients problems with data, is curious and has a thirst to learn as well as being excited to pursue a career in consulting and supporting us in growing our team.
The successful candidate will:
* Lead large, complex capital market and deals programmes and projects from strategy to execution focusing on Financial Market Intermediaries or use of Market Data
* Work with senior client stakeholders (CIO, CDO and CFO) to cultivate strong relationships as a trusted partner, through articulating and realising the value of data
* Identify, scope and develop business case or value creation opportunities with clients, and lead the creation of RFP responses
* Develop client solutions across the data acquisition lifecycle (data sourcing, synergy creation and management, quality assurance, reporting, analytics and progress update against those milestones)
* Build frameworks, accelerators and points of view to support sales and solve key client issues
* Leverage their understanding of key market data and technology vendors in the marketplace to deliver engagements
* Contribute to business development including Requests for Proposals
* Adhere to internal risk/engagement management processes
Skills and experience required
* Minimum of 8 years of capital markets experience with a data vendor, professional services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar environment
* Market Data Vendor experience to help with merger integration. Technical, Product, Operational and Strategy background in Benchmark, Market Data for Buy- and Sell-side, Analytics and Sustainable Investment across all asset classes
* Understanding of key use cases of market data vendors or datasets across capital markets
* Knowledge of key market data offerings such as identifiers (SEDOL, ISIN, BBGID, Refinitiv PermID etc.), industry classifications (ICB, GICS, SIC etc.), fundamental data, corporate actions, news, earnings estimates, market and evaluated pricing etc.
* Demonstrable experience of complex capital market data projects covering the full creation to consumption data lifecycle (data sourcing, management, quality, reporting & analytics)
* An SME in Data & Market Data Vendors, Information Exploitation or Advanced Analytics in the capital market space
* Ideally some experience and/or delivered a transformation of target Operating Model into Operating Design
* Implementation of business cases, consulting or product management experience
* Designing an appropriate target state for client data functions based on their vision and current state issues
* Masters or bachelors degree with working knowledge of topics such as market data, data vendors, and information management.
* Analysis of data, identifying insights and providing hypotheses
* Understanding of market trends, new technologies and how they impact companies and society