PubNub powers apps that bring people together in real-time for remote work, play, learning, and health. Thousands of companies use PubNub's developer platform and APIs as the foundation for their online chat, virtual events, geolocation, remote control, and real-time updates, at a massive global scale. Since 2010, PubNub has invested in the tools and global infrastructure required to serve customers like Adobe, DocuSign, Peloton, and RingCentral, delivering SOC 2 Type 2 security and reliability while meeting regulatory needs like HIPAA and GDPR. PubNub has raised over $130M from notable investors like Raine Group, Sapphire, Scale, Relay, Cisco, Bosch, Ericsson, and HPE.
PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
What We Seek:
PubNub is looking for an experienced Product Owner to join the Product team to help us build out SDKs for our Core Services. As a platform that provides APIs for humans and/or devices to interact with each other in Virtual Spaces, we have seen customers build applications that leverage PubNub to power a broad range of use cases using the SDKs we provide. As our customer base grows we are seeking a Product Owner who will work with the rest of the Product team, and stakeholders to build and execute on a plan to offer the most advanced SDKs that demonstrate to the market the possibilities of these use cases, and make it easy for prospects to enable these use cases in their applications.
What You Will be Doing:
- Be the Product Owner: Working closely with the Core Services Product Manager and with the rest of the Product Management team members to communicate the product vision and goals, you will act as a Product Owner for multiple scrum teams, building a prioritized backlog and working with the teams to deliver new features and improve existing features to our SDKs.
- Work with stakeholders: You will work closely with internal stakeholders such as Support and Solutions engineering to understand issues reported by our customers. You will then work with the stakeholders and your scrum teams to prioritize, mitigate and resolve these issues.
- Maximize the value of our SDK product: You will understand the market and the customer usage of PubNub SDKs to understand the industry and technology trends, customer use cases. You will apply these learnings to PubNub's SDKs to maximize returns on investment in SDKs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable having both high level business conversations as well as in-depth technical conversations and be able to synthesize the input from these into a set of product requirements.
- Be the project manager: You will oversee and manage product features and milestones from start to finish, managing scope, setting a high quality bar, and ensuring on-time deliveries.
- Proactively resolve issues: You will work with team leads and scrum masters to resolve cross-functional priority conflicts, dependencies and communication gaps.
- Measure your product's success: You'll implement systems in a way that allows us to measure usage of your product and you'll report progress against your stated goals to the leadership.
What You Must Bring:
- Experience with coding: PubNub is a developer platform and our product interfaces are our APIs and SDKs. You will need to talk intelligently with customers that use these APIs. You won't be writing a lot of code, but you need enough experience to understand how our customers use our platform.
- 3+ years of experience: Be seasoned enough to step into a role with direct control over major parts of our globally distributed and highly scalable product. Bring experience working as a product owner with agile development teams, ideally experience with Scrum.
- Excellent communication skills: This role requires an individual capable of selling a new initiative to internal stakeholders, communicating requirements to engineering teams, and interacting with and inspiring customers.
- Be collaborative: Be comfortable leaning on your teammates at PubNub to help you develop aspects of the features you are looking to drive, and be ready to help them out in the same way. Be able to listen to your teammates and facilitate productive discussions.
- Dogged and focused in executing features: You love seeing your features and product in action with a constant need to move the proverbial ball forwards.
What you will get
- Agreed with your team, unlimited (within reason) paid time off
- Stock options
- All the hardware that you need to work effectively
- Budget for home office setup
- Monthly stipend for phone, internet, sport and healthcare