Lead Infrastructure Operations Engineer
£53000 - £54000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
To manage the IT infrastructure, ensuring that technologies remain available, performant to SLAs/OLAs and relevant to business requirements. This role will monitor all technologies in the suite, investigating incidents, resolving problems, and developing and applying fixes and changes. Client DetailsMichael Page are delighted to be partnered with a UK government body to support on the recruitment of multiple technology positions. As part of this recruitment drive, we are currently looking for a Lead Infrastructure Operations Engineer to be based in Liverpool.Description* Deputise for the Head of Technical Operations
* Lead and manage the Infrastructure Operations team, comprising data centre services, network services and end user computing services
* Plan, budget and account for the Infrastructure Operations Team's work
* Support the business case submission, planning, management and delivery of programmes and projects that deliver and require infrastructure operation activities
* Continuously monitor and operate the data centre, end user computing and data centre technologies (on-premise, PaaS, IaaS and SaaS), ensuring technologies remain available 24/7/365, performant to SLAs/OLAs, and delivering a good user and customer experience
* Proactively identify and resolve infrastructure issues before they impact the user/customer
* Deliver Incident Management, diagnosing the root causes of incidents, developing work arounds and fixes, to return infrastructure and users to an operational condition
* Deliver Problem Management, diagnosing root causes of problems, prioritising maintenance activity and developing fixes
* Deliver Change Management, continuously seeking to improve technologies, promoting unused functionality and working with users to develop new ways of working
* Deliver Capacity Management, continuously monitoring the utilisation of the infrastructure and forecasting when capacity levels will be breached, recommending remedial actions to be taken.
* Routinely plan for and deliver the testing of DR and ITSCM routines to maintain confidence in the resilience of hosted systems and networks.
* Implement upgrades and patches to technologies, keeping them at N or N-1 states, coordinating change activity, engaging with users and ensuring that upgrades are understood and appropriate.
* Document all technologies, including restoration priorities, power-down routines and installation sequencing. Maintain the accuracy of documentation to reflect changes.ProfileEssential:
* Level 3 Service Management framework qualification
* Proven experience of managing infrastructure teams
* Proven experience of planning and executing changes to infrastructure
* Good communication skills
* Good knowledge of Microsoft OfficeJob Offer£54,000 salary Outstanding pension contribution Flexible Working