|Listed on:||16th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,932 - £33,925|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The starting salary will be £30,932 with opportunities to progress to £33,925 over time. Plus, this role attracts a market forces supplement of £1,125 per annum paid quarterly, pro-rated from the date of taking up the appointment to 31 March 2022 - this scheme is currently under review.
Our total reward package is potentially worth up to £44,036 per annum, which includes basic salary, potential corporate bonus, employer pension contributions.
This role will nominally be based in Exeter but we will consider applicants wishing to work elsewhere within the UK.
The award-winning Met Office Headquarters in Exeter is home to the most amazing facilities and world-class employees who are impacting lives, on a daily basis, with their contributions. Innovative and cutting-edge (we work with the likes of NASA), this is THE place to work in the South West. Modern gym, sports clubs and societies, onsite parking, restaurant and cafe, coming to work each day will make you feel challenged, fascinated and rewarded.
The successful candidate will support operational services by supplying data and products that underpin the provision of the Met Office business. You will be working within a dedicated team and will gain valuable experience in Cloud technologies.
* Providing support to operational services.
* Work with the appropriate processes to manage Change, resolve Incidents and manage Problems on the services you have responsibility for.
* Support services proactively in terms of monitoring Lifecycle Management, Capacity Planning and Service Improvements.
* Support your colleagues in the team and in IT Operations in order to ensure a high-quality service is maintained.
* Contribute to a program of changes looking at improving the service delivered in terms of exploiting new capabilities, reducing risk, removing unnecessary complexity or reducing the cost to the organisation.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Enthusiasm and experience of pushing the boundaries of technology and a positive attitude to making a difference.
2. A working knowledge of implementing and maintaining operational IT Services and API Management, ideally having experience with Java and associated technologies
3. A genuine interest in solving complex technical problems.
4. A drive to develop your skills
5. Demonstrable experience of working in a team, contributing successfully in achieving goals.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Some experience of managing a team workload in an IT Service Management tool.
2. Familiarity with AWS services (Lambda, API Gateway and EC2), AWS CodePipeline and YAML, WSO2 application, where the level of knowledge is limited, be prepared to improve your level of knowledge.
3. Knowledge of ITIL best practice.
Additional Supplementary Information
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
We update all applicants once the vacancy has closed and applications have been reviewed. At present, all interviews are taking place remotely via Microsoft Teams.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from those with all protected characteristics.
If you are considering applying and need assistance to do so, please contact us via . You can request adjustments either within our application form or via email.