Alternatives Integration Project Manager
Location - London Remote
Rate - £550 p/day via PAYE or £705 Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 months plus
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Alternatives Integration Project Manager to join their team in the London office/remote working for an initial 6-month contract with a review to be extended.
This role is a project management/transformation Lead role that will primary be responsible for all the integration of Alternatives asset classes into their Global Reporting capabilities and other data services to enhance the Asset Management client reporting experience, coordinating all aspects of the projects with Alternatives team, Data, performance and reporting and vendor elements.
Key activities and decision-making areas
- Working close with assigned business leads and SME, define project approach and coordinate various phases of the program from requirements to post-implementation, using agile or other life cycle approaches that suite the needs of the program
- Provide professional project management discipline, following guidance from central PMO including use of tools such JIRA/Confluence for reporting status and deliverables and project documentation
- Creation and maintenance of plans, milestones/features and delivery schedule
- Stakeholder management
- Prepare Steer co decks and project status and presentations
- Coordinate activities Day to day vendor relationship management on all project elements
- Liaison with overall vendor relationship owner in Asset Management
- Coordination of business and IT team activities across multiple locations and time zones Facilitation of requirements gathering, design thinking and solution workshops
- Manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies
- Deliver the project in line with Group's Business Transformation Framework (BTF) and control methods
- Initiate the project, obtaining authorization to start the project and engaging with the project Sponsor
- Produce the business case for the project, developing and reviewing costs estimates and using a value tree to surface benefits and outcomes of the investment
- Establish project structure and governance and agree delivery methodology
- Establish an effective Steering Committee, who make focused decisions, based upon accurate and timely status, performance reports, using the committee as the first point of escalation.
- Mobilise the project team and define roles and responsibilities
- Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/resources
- Manage project risks, issues and dependencies, taking ownership of critical issues and ensuring resolution and/or mitigation strategies
- Track project costs and benefits through key checkpoints escalating to the AMG Portfolio Investment Committee(PIC) if forecasts moved away from what was approved
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Drive a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
- Adopts Group EPMO standards and best practice e.g. JIRA
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships, obtaining buy-in from partner stakeholders
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and Keeps focus on the medium- and long-term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
- Manages change and implementation within the business to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realisation
- Manages project closure and handover to the business
- Promotes the Group's Values and strategy by creating a positive work environment and promoting teamwork to drive engagement
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Professional program/project management with proven ability to manage project scope, cost, benefits and resourcing.
- An individual with a proven track record of delivering data (intensive) management projects in Asset Management adopting Agile methods.
- A good understanding of the asset management business, specifically alternatives asset class investment reporting, Performance, client reporting, data modeling and management and warehouse for Asset Management
- Ability to support decisions with sound reasoning. Ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team to problem solve and who can influence and motivate people around them.
- High quality written and presentation skills
- Adaptable and can thrive in a diverse work environment.
- Experience with ESG measurements and Projects is a plus
Contact Name: Carissa Armstrong