We have an exciting new position available for a Head of Analytics to lead and develop a new Analytics function at Lidl GB. The purpose of this new position is to provide support to senior management and operational departments by employing advanced analytics and data science methodologies to develop custom solutions that can be integrated into business processes and generate business value.
You will be working closely with our Business Intelligence and Business Partnering teams, and you'll be in regular contact with our International Head Office in Germany and local Analytics teams in a variety of Lidl countries. This collaboration will see you develop your local analytics team, roll out international data analytics products and support local testing.
Your experience in big data technologies, strong knowledge of machine learning and data mining methods as well as predictive modelling will be put to good use as the analytics lead for Lidl GB.
What you'll do
- As the key analytics contact person for all departments, you'll provide support for all national operational departments in deriving and solving analytical questions either through deep-dive analysis or the development of local analytical solutions.
- You'll be responsible for the guidance of the analytics team in the development and implementation of analytics solutions using analytical methods including the processing and visualisation of results; the implementation can range from simple methods (e.g. exploratory data analysis, linear regression, cluster algorithms) to complex models (e.g. XGBoost, ANN). The use and development of data sources and feature engineering are also key parts of the role.
- Cross-analyse data from different sources both internal and external to create new insights into the business to solve real-world business problems.
- Develop and supervise complex data products and models and integrate them into business processes. Develop these models into productive software to help generate added business value.
- Own the full lifecycle development from analysing current processes, providing functional specification, designing and developing solutions, testing and providing on-going support once live
- Use modern machine learning techniques for the optimisation of business processes using predictive and prescriptive methods.
- Lead the transfer from current Excel-based analysis tools to advanced analytics products.
- Keep up to date with the latest analytics and data science trends and identify further potential software solutions.
- When required, support the development of solutions in cooperation with other countries or the international analytics teams to ensure the rapid dissemination of solutions in the global Lidl analytics community.
- Provide support for international data product development when required
- Ensure active participation in the global analytics community and the exchange of methods and solutions.
What you'll need
- Strong knowledge of big-data technologies (e.g. Spark) and experience with handling very large datasets
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, optimization, and data mining methods (e.g. with Python, R)
- Statistical knowledge, experience with predictive modelling
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- Knowledge of applying time-series / regression analysis, clustering methods, effectiveness testing (A-/B-hypotheses testing) to solve diverse business problems
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in data science, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics or similar subject
- Strong ability to understand complex problems and scenarios, to analyse them in detail, and to develop innovative, data-driven solutions
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively lead, as well as collaborate with, a team of data scientists and analytics specialists
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently
- German language skills are not essential, but would be highly advantageous
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Job closing date:14.05.2021