I am currently recruiting for two experienced Data Migration Analysts (HR and Finance) to support a client currently going through an exciting transformational journey that will deliver two strategic projects, during which a substantial amount of data must be extracted, transformed and loaded into new systems.
The ideal candidates will be able to use their experience learnt in previous transformation programmes linked to the principles embedded in the programme to support the development of the most suitable solution(s) for each data element. They will work with different user groups across the business to identify inconsistencies and cleanse data prior to migration. They will operate a robust plan aligned to the plan phases that ensures all data migration tasks contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
The primary responsibility will be to create and implement a plan that maximises efficiency and accuracy in the data migration process while minimising risk. Planning, transformation logic and accuracy are pivotal to the role.
The data migration analyst role will work to cleanse data prior to migration, create and operate a repeatable data transformation process, manage sign-off of migrated data while ensuring data security and accuracy are maintained throughout the project.
- Working closely with the Data Architect to complete data migration analysis and assessment including the identification of inconsistencies
- Working closely with the Data Architect to prepare data cleanse plan that will remove inconsistencies and identify unrequired records
- Tracking progress of and support data cleansing
- Work closely with the Data Architect to perform source system data analysis to manage source to target data mapping and migration.
- Define mapping rules for each data set for Data Analysts to execute
- Working with the Data Architect, Head of Dev Ops and Head of Applications to transform data using various methods
- Consulting with the project team to validate requirements as to the use of data and fields identified
- Creating a data migration plan following the strategy identified
- Where required, leverage either standard Dynamics 365 F&O Data Management and Excel Add-In data migration tools or MHR iTrent flat file templates
- Creating and maintaining data migration Run Book (tracker) to manage tasks within the plan
- Raising change requests and acknowledge change requests that may impact data migration
- Ensuring end user approval at various stages in the data migration process
- Securely managing and handling all data
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience of large-scale organisational data migration efforts
- A solid understanding of data migration principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience of data cleansing principles, methodologies and tools
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with SAP migrations a preferable skill
- Proficient in MS Excel to advanced level
- Proficient in data reconciliation
- Experience with SQL or other relational databases
- Experienced in VBA / writing Macros
- Prior experience of working on 'Dynamics 365' would be an added advantage
- Meticulous and proficient with investigating issues related to financial/HR datasets
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting
- Educated to degree level and must display relevant Data Migration experience
- CPD in Data Migration techniques
- Data Migration, Data Science certification or designation desired
An extensive range of benefits including:
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Financial Wellbeing support, Health & Wellbeing Support
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
For more informatyion about these fantastic opportunities, please submit an up to date CV to Click here to contact this recruiter to arrange a confidential consultation.
Please note, due to high volumes of applicants only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Contact Name: Eoghan Caldwell