WHY THIS IS A SWITCHED ON OPPORTUNITY
What makes this role really stand out
The business: a young and dynamic service provider, with its own network and lab. The challenge: to deliver simple, sustainable, and well-integrated solutions and processes. Lead automation initiatives acting as their resident expert. As a Network Automation Engineer, you will primarily collaborate with internal Engineering and Software Development teams but maybe required to support other business functions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
What a normal day at work looks like for you
As a Network Automation Engineer, day to day, you'll:
- Act as the lead implementation engineer on infrastructure automation project.
- Work with appropriate teams to deliver internal projects aimed at improving efficiency of business processes and procedures.
- Support NOC team regarding corporate and customer Infrastructure.
- Perform PoC testing and acceptance of new automation standards or new technologies from vendors.
Mentor, develop and deliver training for colleagues and other technical teams on automation Technologies and Solutions.
- Lead the systems and infrastructure integration initiatives withing the business working alongside Solution Architects, Management, and engineering.
- Develop internal automation systems and capabilities.
What you bring to the job
Your background will demonstrate:
- At least 3+ years' experience developing, designing, and building networks, systems, and processes.
- 5+ years' experience in a network focused handson technical support role, working with routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale network infrastructure.
- Knowledge & experience of Linux or other Unix operating systems.
- Knowledge & experience in scripting languages such as Python and shell.
- Experience working on automation projects, managing orchestration platforms and opensource software.
- Aptitude to pickup new technologies and provide training to other member of the wider engineering team.
Please note that Baseline Personnel Security Vetting Standard (BPSS) and Security Clearance (SC) is required for this role.
About your education and qualifications
You'll really need to know your stuff, which means you'll need:
- A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience in a large - scale network environment.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Ansible, Python and Rundeck.
- Demonstrate good understanding of general business processes and procedures.
YOUR REGULATORY KNOWLEDGE
Anything specific you need to know
- A good understanding of the Telecoms market.
- A good understanding of compliance and security standard in the IT Industry.
- A good understanding of automation technologies and best practices.
Ideally, you'll also be:
- Familiar with ITIL, ISO27001, CESG CAS(T) and PCI Compliance, Public Sector Networks (PSN) and Health & Social Care Networks (HSCN).
YOUR BUSINESS SKILLS
The skills and knowledge you need to make an impact on a business level
- Experience of working as part of a team and as a technical authority, dealing directly with partners, internal stakeholders and end customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Working days are Monday to Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
- Place of Work: Home-based with requirement to attend office for induction/ some meetings and adhoc
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
- On call payments
- Overtime rate
- Private Medical Insurance (includes medical, mental health, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Pension scheme
- Reward & recognition incentives