Duties and responsibilities:
As a Account Manager, you should work to satisfy customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience.You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented. Ultimately, you should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships.
- Manage approximately 40 clients worth £6m-£9m of annual sales
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to develop cross-selling opportunities
- Liaise with Customer Services to meet customer expectations, providing an excellent standard of customer support.
- Support Product Management Team by assessing strength and weaknesses of product range vs competition to help build product strategy, including pricing strategies
- Manage sales performance through key performance indicators
- Work closely with the Operations and Planning departments to ensure orders can be fulfilled in line with client expectations
- Have a good understanding of the product information and the ability to advise customers on the most suitable products
- Understand customer purchase history and identify trends
- Develop volume and revenue forecasts, and plan sales strategies for achieving desired results
- Drive value by building an understanding of customer requirements and focus on where the company can differentiate itself
- Educate customers on new products and product enhancements, articulating their features and benefits, including supporting technical customer visits with Engineering, Product management and Customer Services team members.
- Develop and maintains multi-level business relationships, often with senior management.
- Develop sales strategies for territory or region, identifying opportunities for increasing sales and/or new business.
- Monitor market trends
- Travel - ability to travel, primarily within the UK
To find out more about this role, please contact Shaun Gannon at IC Resources.