Job Title: Infra BA
Reporting to: Portfolio Manager
Location: Norwich , London
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
Managing Customer projects
Key responsibilities (please specify if the position is an individual one or part of a team):
this role is responsible for managing one or more complex Infrastruce (Midrange ,Datacenter ,Windows & Network ) projects that involve multiple stakeholders, ensuring that project charters, integrated project, resource, and contingency plans are fully scoped and documented, and that appropriate risk management processes are in place.
A Senior Project Manager leads the identification and development of project objectives, scope, plans, dependencies and success criteria in collaboration with the project sponsor and other stakeholders. The Senior Project Manager also leads multiple work streams throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring high quality and cost effective deliverables.
Responsible for Business Analysis on small programmes and/or complex projects, ensuring solutions meet customer needs; are aligned to business strategy; and optimise benefits. The role may also include leading and managing a small team of business analysts
Planning & Priority Setting - Level 3
Customer Focus - Level 3
Communication - Level 4
First Line of Defence - Risk Awareness - Level 2
Business & Financial Acumen - Level 2
Effective Relationships - Level 2
Execution - Level 2
Strategic Thinking & Planning - Level 2
Innovation - Level 2
Living Leadership - Leading Myself and Leading People
- Lead the business analysis on small Programmes / Complex projects to develop an optimised solution to meet business need that is appropriate, deliverable and affordable ensuring the avoidance of incompatible architectures and maximising the leverage of existing architectures.
- Ensure solution integrity/alignment with customer needs; benefit assumptions; and target architecture throughout Project / Programme life-cycle
- Ensure that risks/issues are managed and/or escalated with solutions/options for resolution including where these compromise benefit delivery
- Identify and manage internal, cross project and external dependencies
- Be responsible for ensuring the development and professionalism of themselves and the community as appropriate, including active participation in the BA Practice
- Coach and develop others
- Documents in support of the Talking Performance process, inc feedback, as appropriate
- Be fully accountable for actions and decisions taken by individuals within the project structure and the quality of their work as appropriate
- Proven ability to deliver business solutions for programmes/project/s balancing time, cost and quality.
- Management and development of people within an environment of change.
- High level knowledge of the end to end project lifecycle incorporating QMS and other non role related work products.
- Appropriate use of QMS within the end to end project lifecycle and other non role related work products.
- Products aligned to the Change and IT standards, frameworks, methodologies and governance which demonstrate intelligent analysis and include recommendations and proposals which deliver the customer outcomes. These should also promote and apply best practice.
- Support the development of the Cost Benefit Analysis
- Accurate use of PPMC (or equivalent tracking and reporting tool) including time recording records
- Detailed knowledge of Requirements Definition and Requirements Management processes and associated techniques (i.e. waterfall, agile developments, CMMI).
- Understanding of the market / financial services industry and regulatory / legislation framework governing it.
- Knowledge of the Configuration Management process and its application.
- Broad knowledge of the Aviva organisation its business processes/ products.
- Industry best practices, including both existing and emerging technologies
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Ability to balance multiple projects, making strategic decisions on time, quality, and cost to deliver complex activities
- Continuously adopt a pragmatic, flexible and responsive approach.
- Maintain constructive and supportive working relationships with stakeholders across the group
- Apply tools and processes to effectively identify and quantify project-level risks, proactively communicating their impact with stakeholders.
Management of Risk
- Continually reassess the operational and project level risks by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of risks, including operational risks, occurring.
- The role acts as a risk mitigating function by monitoring the delivery risks across the project and ensuring these are adequately managed
- Takes positive action to reduce the impact and probability of project-level risks, escalating where necessary.
Duration of the Assignment:12 months
Special working conditions (travel, on call etc):Travel and On-call