Design and Safety Process Manager
6 Month Contract
Pay: circa £60/hr LTD or £45.25/hr PAYE (dependant on experience)
ASAP start subject to security clearance. Successful candidate can start with baseline clearance in place.
*This is a UK eyes only project*
*Can accommodate some level of remote working but travel to site will be required*
- To maintain Plant Safety Case interfaces, interpreting and implementing Plant Safety Cases (or equivalent), and ensuring appropriate Operating Rules, Operating Instructions and other relevant controls are published, implemented and maintained.
- To manage the delivery of design and safety documentation relating to specific products, plant or processes, to DRDL standards, minimising business risk and meeting the requirements of statutory legislation and external regulatory bodies.
- To ensure that there is an effective interface between the Radioactive Waste Management Group and the ES, XSAG, FPAG, Project Managers, CAPEX Package Managers,
- Senior Engineer Safety & Environmental
- To manage allocated personnel and resources.
- Provide control of work function over RWM facilities including governance of maintenance release.
- To provide nuclear safety information to Appointed Persons conducting lifting in support of the NUB or Radiological waste Management activities.
- To act on behalf of the PM RW as his/her Deputy (when authorised to do so): This includes the signing and/or approval of documentation and procedures in the absence of PM RWM.
- To manage the interface between RWM Plant Safety Cases, Legacy Safety Cases, and other associated documentation, including liaison with other relevant Facility Plant Managers and stakeholders as necessary.
- To ensure that controls and restrictions identified by the RWM related Safety Cases (or equivalent) are in place for all identified activities.
- To provide functional oversight of the process of identifying and introducing changes in RWM operations as necessary to ensure compliance with controls and restrictions identified by extant Safety cases (or equivalent) X Site.
- To manage the interface with the DA, TA and others ensuring that PM RW needs are appropriately represented.
- Assess the requirement for and, where appropriate, support production of, authorise, implement, and close out of Business Cases, PIFs, PRS actions, ALARP statements, Change Requests and Concessions (and other documentation as required).
- To work in collaboration with the DSM to ensure that the PM RW Management Action Plan remains up to date and that all issues are being addressed as necessary.
- To manage the production, issue and maintenance of Administrative Control Documents relating to RWM.
- To manage/oversee and monitor the raising and closing out of events and occurrences relating to RWM activities.
- To undertake management of verification duties on behalf of PM RW.
- To provide functional oversight of relevant training requirements (and delivery of training) in the RWM team, including Graduate placement development.
- To provide functional oversight of specific design packages as required, including SORs, CAPEXs, procurement, placing of subcontracts and tracking of costs.
- To ensure that RWM Team's needs are represented in RWM related business continuity and Through Life Management Projects (e.g. LIFEX).
- To manage the interface with professional design and safety staff as allocated.
- Present documents to the MSC & NSC on behalf of the PM RW as required.
- Act on the behalf of the Radioactive Waste Plant Manager as the Radioactive Waste Authorisation Group (RWAG) Chair. This includes, reviewing, signing and/or approval of documentation and procedures required supporting work in, adjacent to or relating to Radioactive Waste Facilities and assets.
- To chair the RWAG as required by maintenance and activity demand, including, but not limited to:
- Ensure adequate quorum.
- RWPM maintenance review meetings including but not limited to; equipment out of service, maintenance on hold, concessions, defects, corrective work orders, return to service and lay-up maintenance presented by the ICO.
- Ensure adequate maturity of documents and their timely submission prior to consideration.
- Authorisation of Job Plans.
- Authorisation of Activities including approval of associated method statements and risk assessments.
- Safe release of maintenance and lockout and tag-out governance.
- Verification of in-service maintenance.
- Service Level Agreement review.
- Change Request close-out review.
- Reciprocal FPAG representation.
- Categorisation of missed maintenance events.
- MAXIMO Work Order quality review.
- Authorisation of compliance documentation.
- Sentencing Technical Authority survey reports.
- To provide guidance to company LOLER Appointed Persons (APs) on the nuclear and radiological requirements of undertaking lifting of radiological waste assets or in areas and facilities under the control of the RWM Plant Manager.
Qualifications and experience
- Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1 & Nuclear Fundamental Course Module 2 (Nuclear Introductory Course)
- Devonport Safety Management Training Course
- Design and Safety case experience and Plant Management experience
- Relevant STEM degree, recognised professional status or significant experience in relevant engineering discipline and NVQ Level 4