Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG's UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK's largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion - what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
The IT Director will oversee all the technical operations, lead teams of technical experts, track technology in order to achieve business goals and work to help minimise cyber & IT related security risks and delivery strategic IT programmes.
This role will focus on increasing user satisfaction, whilst supporting and driving the improvement of internal operations and systems.
- Drafting and implementation of a 3-year ISIO IT Strategy, both from an internal and external client delivery perspective.
- A member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), representing technical functions and supporting colleagues in delivering the Strategy.
- Undertake wider market due diligence, to ensure that the client offering is delivering valued technical solutions to our end customers/members.
- Engaging with colleagues across the organisation, identifying opportunities for internal systems and operational improvement, and cross business partnering to implement these solutions.
- Manage the ISIO IT, and system budgets, balancing the cost-effective use of IT expenditure whilst maximising best value.
- Work alongside the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Chief Information Officer (CISO), ensuring group compliance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Manage the relationships with external systems suppliers including the development and ongoing monitoring of system SLAs and KPIs.
- Provide advice, leadership and training to direct reports, and a total function oversight of 30 staff.
- Ensure appropriate support is provided to the training function, to ensure all staff have sufficient knowledge of the IT systems to undertake their role.
- Ensuring business resilience, and ensuring a robust IT disaster recovery policy is in place.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, Master's degree preferred.
- Extensive management experience in an IT environment.
- Experience working in a professional service, pensions or a regulated industry preferred.
- Experience of managing and developing people.
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing ISO 27001 / Cyber Security Essentials desirable / ISO38500 / ISO22301.
- Knowledge of MS Teams, SharePoint, Sage and Intellipen preferred.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and GDPR in relation to IT systems and security.