Location: York - Remote working currently
Salary: Junior Developer - up to £35K, Senior Developer - Up to £55K
Monitor Computer Systems is a leading supplier of alarm and video monitoring software, boasting an impressive range of customers including national and international retail chains, clearing banks, security companies and government institutions. The company and its products have a solid reputation with the security industry for providing functional, robust and innovative solutions to enable its customers to grow their business offerings whilst reducing overheads.
This is an opportunity for the suitable candidate to join a busy and successful development team and make a real contribution to its success and to that of the company. The successful candidate will work closely with development colleagues to extend the functionality of the company's core products, as well as assist in the migration of core modules to utilise the latest Microsoft and Web technologies and development tools. As part of a collaborative team, this will give the candidate the opportunity to extend their skill set alongside applying their existing knowledge to further improve the company's products.
- Enhancing and extending the functionality of the company's core desktop application, written in C# WPF in Visual Studio .NET.
- Participate in the migration of Windows forms based modules to the WPF environment.
- Participate in the creation of a new Web Applications and APIs.
- Recommend appropriate technologies and techniques for the generation of new web applications and migration of existing applications.
- Mentoring of junior members of the development team.
- Participating in Peer Code Reviews with colleagues both as reviewer and reviewee.
- Participate in discussions and meetings with regards to the product design and development.
- Participate in the design and development of new modules and products as they arise.
- Provide out of hours support on a rota basis (after training).
- Develop software solutions and enhancements to existing software.
- Document and Demonstrate solutions.
- Mentoring of Junior members of the Development team.
- Development of the company's next generation of products.
- Determine operational feasibility of proposed enhancement and new solutions.
Qualifications & Training
- Honours Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related subject (or equivalent)
- Certified C# .NET Training
- Minimum 5 Years commercial experience using C# in the Microsoft Visual Studio .Net environment to develop windows desktop applications, object oriented design and WPF.
- Practical experience of producing scalable and performant web applications using modern web development tools, libraries and techniques. HTML5, SSL3, React framework.
- The ability to formulate SQL statements for accessing and modifying data, as well as being able to produce and amend stored procedures.
- Source Control (GIT). Producing Documentation. Producing unit tests. UI Design.
Qualities and Attitude
- The ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated.
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Be able to advise the company of recommended technologies and tools for the production of modern web applications.
- Have existing CTC Level Security Vetting or be in a position to attain CTC Level vetting.
- Have a genuine interest in improving IT and Development knowledge.
- Confidently challenge ideas and come up with improvements on proposed solutions.
- Death in service benefit (after 12 months of employment).
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!
Contact Name: Monitor Computer Systems
Job ID: 2862371