|Listed on:||22nd September|
|Salary/Rate:||£22,000 - £25,000|
|Salary Notes:||£22,000 - £25,000 (depending upon relevant experience)|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer
Newton Abbot, Devon
Working with many of the biggest names in the IT industry, such as Dell EMC, Intel, NVIDIA and Teradici, Amulet Hotkey is a proven innovator in the design, manufacture and system integration of high end IT hardware solutions.
Amulet Hotkey is a specialist UK based technology manufacturer with key positions in the High-Performance Computing (HPC), secure enterprise grade remote working and virtualization (VDI) markets. Our customers are UK and overseas government and blue chip companies requiring exceptional performance, resilience and security.
Founded in 1990, we provide a full service, complete with world-class support, for robust, secure and uncompromised business and mission critical applications.
We are now looking for a 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer to join us at our head office just off the A38 near Newton Abbot, easily accessible from Exeter, Plymouth and Torbay. You may be a 1st / 2nd line helpdesk support looking for a hands-on integration and testing opportunity or maybe a graduate of computer science or similar seeking a role working within an IT hardware business.
As the 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide key 1st and 2nd line assistance to customers for technical support
- Conduct root cause analysis of incidents to identify cause of failing and suggest and share ideas for preventative actions with peers
- Replicate customer configurations as part of troubleshooting / fault analysis
- Ensure technical documentation is maintained throughout the testing process
- Install and configure hardware operating systems and applications
- Assist with IT systems and solution management
- Test 3rd party peripherals - Display / Audio Devices / USB peripherals
- Execute integration and run test scripts on Amulet Hotkey solutions to meet client requirements
- Conduct systems integration testing prior to the delivery of Amulet Hotkey solutions
- Create and take ownership of tickets with third party vendor support and Amulet Hotkey partners through to resolution
- Ensure all support and engineering queries are progressed and resolved within SLA
- Provide 1st line support back up for the Customer Support Team
- Establish clear customer communications via both email and phone contact, adapting your language and approach according to customers' needs
To be considered as the 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer, you will need:
- Substantial knowledge of IT, with previous technical infrastructure support experience in the installation, operation, maintenance and problem-diagnosis of PC workstations and enterprise class network equipment
- A genuine interest in emerging technologies
- A proactive and inquisitive approach to fault finding and troubleshooting to issue resolution
- Knowledge of VDI solutions including VMware
- Experience of working as part of a support / helpdesk team desirable
- Experience of ticket escalation to 3rd party partners, preferable but not essential
- A good balance between technology and communication skills
- General networking knowledge (TCP/IP) desirable
- Knowledge of CCNA, Active Directory, Citrix and VMware (VCA/VCP) desirable
- MacOS and Apple hardware experience desirable
- Salary £22,000 - £25,000 (depending upon relevant experience)
- 25 days' holiday (rising to 28 days with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Flexitime scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Joining bonus of £500 (terms apply)
- Free parking
- The chance to work with an array of next-gen tech
- A strong, secure and high calibre customer base
Other organisations may call this role Support Analyst, 1st line support, 2nd line support, Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, IT Systems Analyst, Analyst, Support Analyst, IT Analyst, or Helpdesk Analyst.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a 1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.