|Listed on:||26th August|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data Analyst / Developer
Flowminder is a non-profit foundation that specialises in the analysis of anonymised mobile phone data, satellite imagery, and household survey data for humanitarian and international development purposes.
Our mission is to develop and operationalise new methods and data sources to support decision makers, improve operational efficiency and deliver services in low and middle-income countries.
We are pioneers of mobile operator data that is used for humanitarian purposes and we are working to create a world where the lives of the most vulnerable people are improved through effective decision-making that is powered by data.
We work with governments, NGOs, the UN and the World Bank and are funded through governments, development banks, the UN, intergovernmental agencies and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
We are now looking for a Data Analyst / Developer to join our team in Stockholm and support a number of key projects that are both already running and are in our pipeline.
As a Data Analyst / Developer, you will be working on one of our African projects that uses our experience and tools to provide data that helps decision makers on a regular basis, especially in the aftermath of rapid onset crises.
Supporting the Lead Data Scientist, you will help to provide answers to questions about mobile phone subscriber mobility data. You will take requests for data and, using SQL or Python as appropriate, gather the appropriate, and often aggregated, outputs from queries or code that interrogates either databases or data structures.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop an understanding of what the project is aiming to achieve and add value to the analysis that is done
- Take ideas and articulate how data could be used to support that idea
- Perform the actual analysis on pseudonymised data from mobile phone operators
- Work with aggregated data from a number of sources to produce compound analyses
- Make queries on large datasets efficiently
- Create algorithms that support data privacy and commercial sensitivity goals
To be considered as a Data Analyst / Developer, you will need:
- Significant capabilities in programming to support the analytical activities that they will be involved in
- Experience with Python, Numpy, Pandas, GeoPandas and Jupyter Notebooks
- A proven track record of using SQL, PotsgreSQL and PostGIS
- Experience of Linux environments and working with remote servers
- Familiarity with JSON and GEOJSON
- Familiarity with version control (ideally GIT and GitHub)
- Familiarity with the common techniques used to analyse and visualise mobility information
Knowledge of Docker or similar container technology would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of API design and development. Knowledge of GDPR and similar regulation would also be an advantage, as would experience in the Humanitarian or Global Development contexts.
Cloud computing and machine learning experience would be equally desirable and, ideally, you will be able to demonstrate an appreciation of concerns around data, particularly data governance (e.g. GDPR) and commercial sensitivity (e.g. mobile network operator call volumes). A degree in a related discipline would also be favourable.
Working With Us
Flowminder has analysis and engineering centres in Stockholm, Sweden and Southampton, England where we are always seeking exceptional Data Analysts and Coders. Joining one of our outstanding teams, you will get the opportunity to work on future projects and to collaborate on our internal and external tools and services dealing with data and software that supports the Humanitarian and Global Development community.
- An exceptional salary of SEK40,000 - SEK62,700
- Utilise your data analysis expertise with our leading not-for-profit
- Work on projects that are changing the lives of millions around the world
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Data Analyst / Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Data Insight Analyst, Data Developer, Developer, Programmer, Data Insight Specialist, or Data Analyst and Developer.